Notre Dame loses College Football HOF

That sucks, now I am probably never going to get there. It would be a lot easier for me to get to South Bend than it will be to get to Atlanta.

Atlanta is the main hub for Delta, so if you fly anywhere on the east coast there's a good chance you can get routed through there. Just make sure you have a nice long layover.

It is also a crime-ridden pit....

Atlanta is the main hub for Delta, so if you fly anywhere on the east coast there's a good chance you can get routed through there. Just make sure you have a nice long layover.

The worst town in the U.S. by far. Auto Theft, Murder, and most every major crime, Atlanta is in the top 5 year after year. Violent crime 3x the national average, and property crime over 2x the national average. I have lived in one of the the wealthier parts of town and one of the poorest, it is top to bottom, not a great place.
That being said, they do have an amazing ability to get the Large Corporations to back things like this, and the '96 Olympics. Something that the Twin Cities has never been able to do.

One really odd thing is nobody is from Atlanta. I worked several jobs there, and nobody I met was a "Native Atlantian". It was the weirdest thing, even people who were born in the area would say "I'm from College Park" or Stone Moutain, or whatever. People around here frequently say they are from the "Cities" or Minneapolis even if they were not from there exactly.

Yes, Atlanta has a crime problem, but then so does every major city in the country. Generally, crime is perceived as being worse then the statistics have shown. That said, are there parts of Atlanta I would not go to? Sure, but the same goes for Minneapolis as well. (And I lived there for the first 24 years of my life!).

That being said, given that college football is GOD/Religion here in the South, I think that this moves makes perfect sense. The College HOF will get far, far more traffic in the land of SEC/ACC then it ever would in South Bend (and frankly anything that hurts Notre Dame, is fine with me)

Personally, I enjoy living here. Makes me laugh when I'm on the golf course in January and hearing about two feet of snow in the Twin Cities.

I don't know Atlanta, I've only driven through it. But I lived in Miami for a couple years, so when people talk about bad neighborhoods in Minneapolis, it's kind of funny. There's no neighborhood in Minneapolis that I wouldn't go to, but the Miami area had neighborhoods that I didn't even want to drive through. Spending a little time in Florida City makes the worst neighborhoods in Minneapolis seem like Little House on the Prairie.

If you enjoy living in Atlanta, that's fine, someone has to. I'm happy living in Minneapolis. Miami had roaches that could hotwire your car, I won't miss that. Good luck going sledding in Atlanta! :D

They needed to update!

I've been to the College Football Hall of Fame twice. My first visit in 2001 coincided with a trip to the Big House. Our group thoroughly enjoyed it.
In 2007, I went with my family. It was like Groundhog Day. I don't think they spent a nickel in updates.

I don't know Atlanta, I've only driven through it. But I lived in Miami for a couple years, so when people talk about bad neighborhoods in Minneapolis, it's kind of funny. There's no neighborhood in Minneapolis that I wouldn't go to, but the Miami area had neighborhoods that I didn't even want to drive through. Spending a little time in Florida City makes the worst neighborhoods in Minneapolis seem like Little House on the Prairie.

If you enjoy living in Atlanta, that's fine, someone has to. I'm happy living in Minneapolis. Miami had roaches that could hotwire your car, I won't miss that. Good luck going sledding in Atlanta! :D

Actually, I HAVE been sledding in Atlanta. It just happens on rare occasions and I don't have to shovel the driveway!:D

Actually, I do miss snow sometimes, but then I snap out of it pretty quickly.

Uber Gatlinburg for skiing

Actually, I HAVE been sledding in Atlanta. It just happens on rare occasions and I don't have to shovel the driveway!:D

Actually, I do miss snow sometimes, but then I snap out of it pretty quickly.

Is one of the reasons I moved back. Besides I will take a 10 degree day with the sun shinning and me skiing or skating over the 40 degrees and rain that is half of November, all of December and January, and most of Feburary in Atlanta. As for Golfing in January, I lived next to a golf course and it was closed for all of January, so maybe you owe them some money. J/K. The course was closed, and everybody trying to golf that time of year would head towards either coast. Golf is pretty dead in the Winter in that part of the south. You do have a way longer golf season than us, but we golf a lot more in a shorter time then anywhere else in the country.

Top Bottom