Notable #Gophers transfers Wk 1 performances

Bucky had a crazy performance that we could use here

Mostly. Though Oregon won 81-7against a very overmatched Portland State team. Think Bucky will do well for them but not based on anything that happened yesterday,

That’s gotta be disappointing for Trill to only get 16 snaps. Also notable that Oliver only got 2 snaps. Wright didn’t exactly ball out in the TCU Colorado shoot out. Brady Boyd had zero catches for TT. James Gordon plays quite a bit for USF, didn’t look like Michael Brown Stephens had a catch.

Last season Bucky Irving had 1,058 rushing yards (6.8 YPC) and 5 TDs. He left for Oregon in 2022 after a freshman year at Minnesota (699 yards, 5.3 YPC).

The only player(s) that hurt not having are Irving and maybe Gage Keys. I wish the others well, but I prefer they're replacements!

I don't know the exact number of snaps or anything, but I did notice the following:

D'Vion Harris played quite a bit for Colorado.
Dixon played quite a bit for Rutgers and looked good.
I don't think Steve Ortiz played at all for UMASS (no stats at all).

If there's any justice in the PAC 12 implosion that added to the B1G would be for Minnesota to play The Ducks here at TCF outta the gate next season.

This means we'd get to play Marquis...err...Bucky...once again and this time not on the practice squad.

I've heard that in Minnesota...

1693798232121.png

Wonder if Bucky is starting in some kind of position for them, whether in the backfield or slot receiver, or just came in for some situations and blew up.

Wonder if Bucky is starting in some kind of position for them, whether in the backfield or slot receiver, or just came in for some situations and blew up.
He had over 1,000 yards last year. Not sure if he is the starter, but he plays a ton.

I think this is always a great reminder that people leaving in the transfer portal isn't always the end of the world. Outside of Bucky and Trill we are not really missing much out of this group. You could argue Oliver/Wright/Bishop but after this last game we don't really have any fall off in any of those position groups from those guys leaving.

Trill isn’t very good. Can’t pass rush a lick. Bucky speaks for himself. He’s one of the best running backs in the country, but the person I think will miss the most who was on the team last year is Dixon.

trill is not as good as he and his camp think he is

Echoing some others, annexstad is a guy I genuinely love seeing do well. Was great having him here, and hope he has an awesome season this year.

Top Bottom