Notable College Football Coach Says Schools Trying To 'Poach' His Players

In other news the sun rises in the east.

Of course they are going to raid smaller schools. With NIL it’s the wild Wild West out there and no one to police it.

If you have a problem with it, just start calling out these coaches and players by name. Stop being so vague. That includes no cryptic emojis.

If you have a problem with it, just start calling out these coaches and players by name. Stop being so vague. That includes no cryptic emojis.
Can be a hornet's nest at times when you do this. I get what you're saying though.

Problem for coaches at the lower levels is that if they want to move up the coaching ranks themselves they can't really take direct shots at other coaches.

Whole thing is a mess and with no enforcement there is nothing to stop collectives and other teams from tampering with rosters and openly recruiting whoever they want regardless of whether they are in the portal or not.

It will get regulated more at some point but right now it is the wild west.

Agree with the spirit of his comments but these kids aren’t signed on the dotted line until today. I get how it makes it more difficult to build a program. But if kid gets an offer from a much “better” program at the last minute then it’s good for the kid, right?

Listening to Ryan Burns & the "Gopher Gridiron" podcast about the recruiting class (1 hr & 48 minutes).

Got into NIL a little bit. Burns said his sources tell him that Oregon and USC are the 'worst' two schools in the country in terms of tampering/making NIL offers. also said there are schools, including in the B1G, that are handing out "bags" of money.

Agree with the spirit of his comments but these kids aren’t signed on the dotted line until today. I get how it makes it more difficult to build a program. But if kid gets an offer from a much “better” program at the last minute then it’s good for the kid, right?
He's talking about poaching players currently on his roster via the transfer portal.

He's talking about poaching players currently on his roster via the transfer portal.
And beyond that it is trying to poach players that are not even in the transfer portal. That is where it gets really shady, going after players on other rosters when they have not declared for the portal. There is no place for poaching like that but we all know it is going on.

And beyond that it is trying to poach players that are not even in the transfer portal. That is where it gets really shady, going after players on other rosters when they have not declared for the portal. There is no place for poaching like that but we all know it is going on.
IMHO I believe that this is what took place with Bucky.

I'm shocked, shocked to hear there's poaching going on.

1671681540463.png

Attachments

• 1671681503180.png
    1671681503180.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 0

I just like that 🦆💰👻 has become the new official emojiphrase for any pay-for-play that is masquerading as NIL.

Top Bottom