Notable Coaching Changes 2024

Former UWGB and Illinois head coach, Matt Bollant, leaves Eastern Illinois and returns to Bryan College.

Bryan College is thrilled to announce the return of Coach Matt Bollant as the new head coach for the women’s basketball team. Bollant, who previously coached at Bryan from 2002 to 2007, brings with him a wealth of experience and a history of success. He will be starting his new position on June 3rd.

During his first tenure at Bryan, Bollant led the team to the NAIA nationals four times. His commitment to excellence both on and off the court has made a lasting impact on the program and the athletes he has mentored. While at Green Bay, he was named FCA Coach of the Year. The team made the Sweet 16 and was ranked in the top 10 in the country during his last two years coaching there.

Bollant holds a bachelor’s degree from Winona State University and a master’s degree from American Intercontinental University. A native of Winona, Minnesota, he and his wife, Kari, have five daughters: Jo, Regan, Marita, Merari, and Flor.

“I am so excited to be the head women’s basketball coach at Bryan College,” said Bollant. “Bryan College is one of the top Christian schools in the United States. This is a great opportunity for my family to move back to Dayton and positively impact lives for Jesus. Thank you to Dr. Mann and Jeremy Deal, who have made me feel like a king in welcoming me and my family. It will bring me great joy to bring young ladies to a school whose mission is Christ above all.”

Coach Bollant’s career has included successful stints at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay and the University of Illinois. Most recently, he was the head women’s basketball coach at Eastern Illinois University, where he continued to demonstrate his coaching prowess and dedication to developing student-athletes.

Former player Sarah (Bass) Edwards, ’05, shared her excitement about Bollant’s return: “Matt Bollant and his wife changed my life. They were the most influential people in my life aside from my parents. Coach Bollant was a wonderful coach who cared about people! He was genuine, honest, caring, and always an encourager. He made me want to be my best because I knew he believed the best. Bryan College could not be luckier to have him there coaching again!”

Bryan College eagerly anticipates the positive impact Coach Bollant will have on the women’s basketball program and the broader college community. His leadership and commitment to faith, excellence, and mentorship align perfectly with Bryan College’s mission to provide a Christ-centered education

Top Bottom