Not Trying to Be a Debbie Downer, but....

Okie

Reaction score
The end of the 2nd quarter killed us. Our offense should have been able to get a touchdown but settled for a field goal, and then our defense basically just gave up. Yes, Cousins did have a good drive, but we still should never allow a team to move all the way down the field in 40 seconds, especially with the amount of plays they ran. So instead of going into halftime up 21-14, we go in down 21-17.

Still a good and promising performance from the team today, but we really dug ourselves an unnecessary hole at the end of the first half.

The end of the 2nd quarter killed us. Our offense should have been able to get a touchdown but settled for a field goal, and then our defense basically just gave up. Yes, Cousins did have a good drive, but we still should never allow a team to move all the way down the field in 40 seconds, especially with the amount of plays they ran. So instead of going into halftime up 21-14, we go in down 21-17.

Still a good and promising performance from the team today, but we really dug ourselves an unnecessary hole at the end of the first half.

Though I agree, and felt Gray should have tried to run it rather then the incomplete pass, at the same time...to much obvious progress was made to get to hung up on it other then the coaches continuing to work with players. Need increased talent at DB along with better coverage schemes.

Though I agree, and felt Gray should have tried to run it rather then the incomplete pass, at the same time...to much obvious progress was made to get to hung up on it other then the coaches continuing to work with players. Need increased talent at DB along with better coverage schemes.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to come off that way, but I guess there's really no way to avoid it when I complain about an otherwise great game for us. I just always have to look back and find things to blame losses on whenever we lose.

The penalties still are the most concerning area.

Gray's throwing rather then running was a judgment call and I think he was determined to pass it for some reason. Maybe hesitant to being to quick to run. As for the Defense. Unfortunate but they have to learn, develop and grow.

In hindsight Gray should have ran, but it's been exciting to see his progression as a QB. He looks to pass first now, and run second. Earlier in the season it seemed like he didn't trust himself to make the play through the air, and now he does. I also saw him go through a bunch of check-downs while in the pocket which is pretty promising. I think he'll be exciting to watch next year if he keeps improving!

Re: 1st Half Drive

That was only glaring coaching mistake I saw today. Should have called a TO to get the D on the same page. I don't know what we were doing on that drive.

Top Bottom