Not talked about that much-regarding Leidner

Doc1001

Reaction score
He seems to have at least one critical fumble in about every game--fumbled twice Thursday. Alot of that has to do with pocket presence. Some guys just seem to instinctively know who is around them and also know how to secure the ball. Not sure he has that. Hope I am wrong But I mentioned before the game Thursday that one of my biggest worries was a critical fumble by Leidner.

but did you worry about the OL not giving enough protection?

lets see how this OL Performs against CSU and go from there. after next week there should be a couple of games that will be easier for them and should give whichever QB is back there time to let those deep routes develop

i am not sure why we dont have plays like other schools - short quick slants that are tough for defenders to defend and gives play makers a chance to take the ball and do something after the catch?

but did you worry about the OL not giving enough protection?

lets see how this OL Performs against CSU and go from there. after next week there should be a couple of games that will be easier for them and should give whichever QB is back there time to let those deep routes develop

i am not sure why we dont have plays like other schools - short quick slants that are tough for defenders to defend and gives play makers a chance to take the ball and do something after the catch?

Short stuff is hard with no threat to go deep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He does seem to fumble way too much. The one wasn't on him Thursday night.though.

I don't understand the logic that some use for Mitch's fumbles. He is the QB and must have the presence of pocket pressure around him. In every game someone on the OL will miss an assignment and the QB will be sacked and possibly fumble the ball. Missed assignments or not, when the QB has the ball he is responsible for it. Do we blame Nuggets fumble on TCU's D or on him? In the end the stats for the game will show who fumbled not who missed the block.

He can't throw short passes with any kind of regularity.

He's never done that well. I suspect he never will.

He throws okay when he has a ton of time. That tells me it's about decision-making more than anything.

I don't understand the logic that some use for Mitch's fumbles. He is the QB and must have the presence of pocket pressure around him. In every game someone on the OL will miss an assignment and the QB will be sacked and possibly fumble the ball. Missed assignments or not, when the QB has the ball he is responsible for it. Do we blame Nuggets fumble on TCU's D or on him? In the end the stats for the game will show who fumbled not who missed the block.

I don't know if Peyton Manning would have been able to avoid the sack or not...Leidner had no chance.

I agree with you die hard. Mitch can not drop back three or four yards and wait to throw the ball. He must learn to step up into the pocket when pressure is there. I'm no QB but having pocket presence would alleviate some of his sacks and fumbles. Let's hope for improvement in future games.

He seems to have at least one critical fumble in about every game--fumbled twice Thursday. Alot of that has to do with pocket presence. Some guys just seem to instinctively know who is around them and also know how to secure the ball. Not sure he has that. Hope I am wrong But I mentioned before the game Thursday that one of my biggest worries was a critical fumble by Leidner.

I don't disagree with this. Mitch's had ball security issues. Mostly from not going down when he's got 3 guys draped on him. I hate to criticize a guy for trying too hard, but it absolutely was an issue at one point in his career. The fumble near our own goal line though was zero % Mitch's fault. Lauer didn't even get a hand on the DE. He came in untouched & blindsided Mitch as he was throwing.

I don't disagree with this. Mitch's had ball security issues. Mostly from not going down when he's got 3 guys draped on him. I hate to criticize a guy for trying too hard, but it absolutely was an issue at one point in his career. The fumble near our own goal line though was zero % Mitch's fault. Lauer didn't even get a hand on the DE. He came in untouched & blindsided Mitch as he was throwing.

Have we hit quick hot reads much. I don't notice us beating the blitz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're really blaming that strip sack on the QB?

He can't throw short passes with any kind of regularity.

He's never done that well. I suspect he never will.

He throws okay when he has a ton of time. That tells me it's about decision-making more than anything.
This^^^

He does seem to fumble way too much. The one wasn't on him Thursday night.though.
Agree, he was blindsided when the DE came straight at him fast, unblocked. He's had problems in other seasons, though, often at critical times. If we can't get a Golson or Zaire, at least a Tommy Armstrong?

ummm, i've been saying this for 2 years

yes, leidner sucks at throwing the ball. we get it

Top Bottom