Not much of a loss….

Bigk

Reaction score
We will be much better off in the end. Some are concerned about certain transfers that have taken place. One thing is for certain is: Those who decide to transfer to Wisconsin will actually help our volleyball program in the end. We will benefit, trust me, we are in good hands.

Because Booth didn't blend well with the culture of the rest of the team and that's why they never seemed to fully gel last year? Or why do you say that Booth transferring is helping our program?

You did a good job of reading between the lines. Total positive team chemistry of all players and staff is critical to being the best you can be. Players need to trust that everyone on the team has each others back.

Hmmm. I wouldn't have guessed she was the bad link, but in hindsight I can see her "I before we" attitude that came out in her transfer. Did you hear about this from someone close to the team?

If this is the case, then yes, it's probably good that she transferred. If Weske does end up transferring, I hope she gels well with the team. I'm not too concerned about Murr. I think she'll fit in great.

We will be much better off in the end. Some are concerned about certain transfers that have taken place. One thing is for certain is: Those who decide to transfer to Wisconsin will actually help our volleyball program in the end. We will benefit, trust me, we are in good hands.
Whoever in life came up with that saying, "one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch, has been correct." I can see how it could be applied to this situation.

I remember Hugh recently saying that "parent involvement" has popped up over the years in coaching volleyball......something to that effect. I personally feel that played a role in Booth transferring. She could have gone anywhere, but chose a rival in the BIG who has won a "natty". Yes it does speak volumes.

If she was that selfish and if that attitude had a detrimental effect on team chemistry, then good riddance.

Same thing appears to be the case with Choboy. Big showboater for herself during the UA game, from what I gathered in some VT posts.

Choboy wasn't showboating. That criticism was ridiculous. Choboy was just what this team needed imo, but c'est la vie.

As for Booth, I read Hugh's book and it sure seems like nothing he wrote about made an impression on her. Also c'est la vie.

(That's French for Go Gophres.)

Choboy wasn't showboating. That criticism was ridiculous. Choboy was just what this team needed imo, but c'est la vie.

As for Booth, I read Hugh's book and it sure seems like nothing he wrote about made an impression on her. Also c'est la vie.

(That's French for Go Gophres.)
What were the things from his book that stood out to you?

What were the things from his book that stood out to you?
Probably the biggest takeaway was that being a good teammate was the most important thing a player could be -- that trust in one another is vital.

BUT the overall theme of the book was that not everyone is going to win, to be the champion and that there are more important things involved in competing and being on a team.

Top Bottom