Not Gophers Related but B1G related

Just saw a report that the Denver Broncos are reaching out to Michigan's Jim Harbaugh about their head coach vacancy.

Hard to imagine a worse way to re-enter the league. He wants to win a super bowl. Would be surprised if he gives it serious consideration.

Hard to imagine a worse way to re-enter the league. He wants to win a super bowl. Would be surprised if he gives it serious consideration.
Idk there's some nice young pieces at WR, running back and TE. If he thinks he can get Wilson back on track, were talking about a guy who resurrected Alex Smith career and made Colon Kaepernick look good as well

My favorite thing about this clip is that I believe this episode was aired before the 97 season when the Broncos won their first Super Bowl. Also one of the best Simpsons episodes ever IMO
Scorpio the best one off character in Simpsons history

Idk there's some nice young pieces at WR, running back and TE. If he thinks he can get Wilson back on track, were talking about a guy who resurrected Alex Smith career and made Colon Kaepernick look good as well
His offense fits Wilson to a T as well. Tons of hard play action and getting your qb out and moving, which is where Wilson’s strength has always been. Hard to know if Russ got that much worse or it’s just the disaster that was Hackett, who clearly had no idea what he was doing

If he wants the job he better not walk in and pretend he owns the place like he did when he interviewed for the Vikes job. Man was I happy he did that though I wanted nothing to do with him as coach.

Why would he want that job? He’s created a brand for himself at Michigan and can get the players he needs to stay competitive for another decade. If he goes to the NFL he gets mostly the same guys everyone else has. He has a coupe of bad years and he’s out on his ass.

We wouldn't be talking about this all the time if Jim would just stick with a job for once ....

/s

No QB and a shitty owner. Indy’s no better an option than Denver.
Yeah they are. Indy has no QB but they draft picks and don’t have $40 million + per year tire into Wilson.

Denver is like having nothing but having a shot ton of bad debt.

Why would he want that job? He’s created a brand for himself at Michigan and can get the players he needs to stay competitive for another decade. If he goes to the NFL he gets mostly the same guys everyone else has. He has a coupe of bad years and he’s out on his ass.
Probsbly just wants to focus on football instead of recruiting/baby sitting for 9 months of the year.

Probsbly just wants to focus on football instead of recruiting/baby sitting for 9 months of the year.
Yeah, but he’s clearly much better at that part than the football part.

Yeah, but he’s clearly much better at that part than the football part.
I believe he's 44-19 or something like that as an NFL coach. He took a team that hadn't won much the previous 3 years to a Superbowl and I believe 2 more NFC championship games before being fired after an 8-8 season. He made both Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick look like all-pro guys. I'm not sure why you think he's not a good FB coach.

Depends on if you think Russel Wilson can be fixed or not. The other pieces are mostly there. Hackett was terrible. They played probably their best game of the season yesterday with the interim coach, even though they lost to KC.

Depends on if you think Russel Wilson can be fixed or not. The other pieces are mostly there. Hackett was terrible. They played probably their best game of the season yesterday with the interim coach, even though they lost to KC.
I feel like you take that Denver job you want some coverage for ... moving on from Wilson.

I feel like you take that Denver job you want some coverage for ... moving on from Wilson.
There is no moving on from him for at least the next two years. The cap hit makes it impossible. At a minimum, you have to give him a shot in 2023 and then if that fails, keep his as the world's most expensive back-up in 2024 before you can move on. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him physically. It is some combination of mental, vision, motivational and bad fit with the offense they were trying to run.

There is no moving on from him for at least the next two years. The cap hit makes it impossible. At a minimum, you have to give him a shot in 2023 and then if that fails, keep his as the world's most expensive back-up in 2024 before you can move on. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with him physically. It is some combination of mental, vision, motivational and bad fit with the offense they were trying to run.
Yeah that makes that job way less appealing.

Top Bottom