Not a terrible effort--

awag777

Second Row of Williams Arena
Reaction score
I think if we'd won last week, the mood in here would be completely different (kind of goes without saying, but I will anyway). Most of us would be happy with the performance they put on for ... 3 quarters ... today. That being said, and echoing dozens of other voices out there already, I'm tired of "moral victories" (no I don't think this was one). I just once want to be on the good end of an upset, or to see us run around with a trophy. Brewster moves to something absurd like 0-12 in trophy and ranked-opponent games. I said at half that I gave him a lot of credit for having guys seemingly ready for USC this week after being ridiculously unprepared last week. Showed he definitely wasn't folding up and calling it a season, and that he still has some degree of control over the team.

A few criticisms, I disliked not going for it on 4th and not-that-long with 7 minutes left. You're down 2 scores with not a lot to lose in the 4th quarter, I can't see how you don't go for it there.

Our failure to establish the run definitely hurt us big time. Made Weber's play actions completely ineffective. Weber made some plays, but also looked out of sync with McKnight for most of the game.

Overall, pretty pleased with the effort, pleased we hung with them for as long as we did. But like I said, I just once want an upset victory. Before I graduate. plz.

Top Bottom