Northwestern Ticket Question

ihatethedome

Reaction score
I will be at the Northwestern game and am trying to figure out the best way to get tickets. I would prefer to be near the Gopher sections which I think are in the 104-106 area. Can anyone confirm that?

Here are my options.

1. Get them through the U of M alumni association: when I use their website it says the best seats they can get me are general admission tickets at $50 per ticket. Anyone know where that general admission area is?

2. Get them through Northwestern: looks like on their web site I can get seats in Section 113 for $40 per ticket. Curious if that will be near any Gopher fans?

3. Show up the day of the game and buy them on the street or at ticket office. Anyone ever scalp in Evanston? I fear if I do this that I will not be near the Gopher sections.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ski u Mah.

tickets

call 612 624 8080 buy them from the U

Re: NW Tickets

Just buy them outside stadium before game. I've been to 3 games at NW and there are always tons of tickets way less than face value being sold. We usually just buy cheap singles and sit in the Gopher section where there are plenty of empty seats. You shouldn't have to pay more than $20 seat.

Just buy them outside stadium before game

If you can't afford to pay face from the U, you can't afford to make the trip. When bowls take a look at us, they look at the road tickets we sell. Buying them on the street does not help us.

re: bowls look at road tickets sold

Thanks for the laugh! Well, if domehater buying off the street will cost us a decent bowl then I take my recommendation back.

Work at the U, do you?

Where is the gopher section? Do you happen to remember??

If you can't afford to pay face from the U, you can't afford to make the trip. When bowls take a look at us, they look at the road tickets we sell. Buying them on the street does not help us.

Wow...that's arrogant. Maybe a $30 savings is significant to some people. We should just be glad the fans are going.

Im sure that they look at the amount of tickets the U sells, but you can not tell me that they dont also simply look at stadiums on gameday and judge how much maroon and gold is in there overall.

The Gopher section will be the south (southeast?) end of the stadium, away from the press box if you've seen the stadium on the game.

I would encourage anyone who has any interest to go. The N'Western fans are 1st class and it is a nice little stadium.

Just buy them outside stadium before game. I've been to 3 games at NW and there are always tons of tickets way less than face value being sold. We usually just buy cheap singles and sit in the Gopher section where there are plenty of empty seats. You shouldn't have to pay more than $20 seat.

Les has it right - $50 for Northwestern is absurd. You'll find tickets outside the stadium for half the cost (or less) and be able to sit wherever you want.

We saw the guys wearing the Champs Sports Bowl jackets at the game yesterday. Something tells me what they saw there will carry more weight than the official number of tix sold for the NW game.

My brother lives in Evanston and says that there will always be tickets to be offered on game day. He has never paid more than $25 for a ticket. GopherDeuce is right, Ryan Field is better than you would think it is. I'll be there, I'm driving down from Milwaukee with the wife and going with my brother and a few friends.

Wisconsin and Iowa were not filling 40-60% of our stadium through their box office sales, people, and bowl reps know that!

Get to away games by all means necessary and be loud!

Just booked our flight and hotel for this weekend in Chicago. Will be relieving some Wildcat fan of the pain if seeing their team lose to the Gophers by buying their tickets before the game.

WOOT!

Top Bottom