Northwestern Roadtrip

gmans5

Reaction score
My friend and I are headed to see the Gophers @ Northwestern in September. Looking at tickets, but it isn't clear which sideline the Gophers will be on. Has anyone been to Ryan Field before and have insight into what sections to buy tickets in?

Thanks!

My friend and I are headed to see the Gophers @ Northwestern in September. Looking at tickets, but it isn't clear which sideline the Gophers will be on. Has anyone been to Ryan Field before and have insight into what sections to buy tickets in?

Thanks!
Visitor side is the one with the pressbox/second level. Honestly, it doesn't matter because you will be able to pick wherever you want to sit.

Last edited:

Purple line then hit mustards and then Walk through parking lot and drink the free drinks offered.

Thanks!
Sections 104-112 are goal line to goal line on visitor side. As many said tickets are pretty cheap, small stadium so just depends on your personal preference on where you want to sit. You do have a good chance to be on tv so hit record on your way out.

Been there last 3 meetings. I've always gotten the cheapest seats possible on StubHub and sat wherever I wanted. It's never more than 40% filled and probably 40% of that is MN fans.

Edit: it's always been in Nov so their fans have given up by then. Playing in Sep means the prices are still high. I wouldn't pay more than $40 each(50yd line). Can wait right up to the last second and get what you want I'm sure.

Last edited:

You do realize that Northwestern will be playing their games in Wrigley field this fall (and maybe next season as well)-

You do realize that Northwestern will be playing their games in Wrigley field this fall (and maybe next season as well)-
Northwestern will play Iowa at Wrigley field and all other home games at Ryan Field

Northwestern will play one game at Wrigley this fall and 6 games, including the Gophers, at Ryan field

Been there last 3 meetings. I've always gotten the cheapest seats possible on StubHub and sat wherever I wanted. It's never more than 40% filled and probably 40% of that is MN fans.

Edit: it's always been in Nov so their fans have given up by then. Playing in Sep means the prices are still high. I wouldn't pay more than $40 each(50yd line). Can wait right up to the last second and get what you want I'm sure.
Thanks! I think I'll just wait and buy tickets last minute and then sit on the Gophers side.

Thanks, everyone for the responses! If anyone will be in Evanston that weekend let me, first round is on me!

And you can park in the neighborhood by the stadium for like $15

And you can park in the neighborhood by the stadium for like $15
Yup. But we always park for free in academic lots and take the free yellow school bus shuttles (which are never too full and run constantly before and after). NW is the easiest, cheapest road game in the B1G...but the stadium and atmosphere are dreadful.

Section 104 is where Goldy and the Gopher Cheerleaders will be, in case that makes any difference to you.

Yup. But we always park for free in academic lots and take the free yellow school bus shuttles (which are never too full and run constantly before and after). NW is the easiest, cheapest road game in the B1G...but the stadium and atmosphere are dreadful.
Unless we can pack it full of Gopher fanes (Huntington South)

We have done it as a day trip and just did a ride share to/from the airport. Super slick, dropped off right in front of the stadium.

Last edited:

Thanks, everyone for the responses! If anyone will be in Evanston that weekend let me, first round is on me!
We go to Ten Mile House, which is maybe 2-3 blocks from the stadium. Nice neighborhood bar restaurant.

Wife and I always get Pequods (spl) pizza on the way home.

The one thing Northwestern does is change which sideline they are on depending on time of year and weather. The Gophers have traditionally played there in November, so the home team was put in the sun (opposite the press box side), with Minnesota on the west side in the shade (colder). This year with the game in October, who knows for sure? Probably will still be on the press box side, but Northwestern does switch sidelines depending on weather and other factors. I think the only school in the Big Ten that does this. So, if it is really important to you to be on the Minnesota side, you may want to wait until day of game to find out which side.

Top Bottom