Northwestern Postgame Thoughts 1/22

CrocShots

Not Minnesota Nice
Reaction score
Kicking nerd butt so far. All they have are polish and italian guys on this team.

Dominating so far. Looking great with that week off!

Ralph is having a great game.

Don't let up - go for the jugular.

Read somewhere several recruits would be at the game (can't remember who).

Gopher in Texas said:
Ralph is having a great game.

Don't let up - go for the jugular.

Read somewhere several recruits would be at the game (can't remember who).
That would be nice because - dominating by 20.

i think we should be able to cap this game but lets not jump the gun here. still a lot of game left.

You'd think that Mirkovic would be back playing in some crappy Euro league by now. He's been there FOREVER.

Gotta keep the pressure up on these guys. keep getting into the lane and getting Freethrows.

I thought post-game thoughts were for after the game.

Does anyone else think Coleman is rushing his free throws? Great game, though. Keep it up, Gophers!

Despite NW's poor shooting today, they sure pass impressively in their half-court offense.

I'm starting to get prett-ay prett-ay pretty excited about this team.

Whenever Andre figures it out, this team is going to be very difficult to stop, so much talent in the back court.

MadtownGopher said:
Whenever Andre figures it out, this team is going to be very difficult to stop, so much talent in the back court.

Agreed.

I get a feeling he is just struggling with his jumpshot right now. Took a couple 3s today and both looked flat and no rotation. Once he gets that going this team will have some very solid guards.

So who will be the first to complain about Tubby? I guess it's his fault they didn't win by 25.

Man Tubby just can't recruit guards, you guys........

I completely agree with you. Right now he looks like a freshman, but you can see the talent.

If Northwestern didn't have such a terrible day shooting the ball this could have been a much closer game. As it were, Minnesota's defense was smothering in the 1st half and is really starting to look like a bright spot. It's nice to win the games you're supposed to and even nicer to get to avoid a nail biter for once. I suppose that maybe it should have been obvious that JC would deliver on a Sunday...

I promised to keep bringing up the "Tubby Has Lost This Team Thread" started by some ill informed poster, but I will let it die the death it deserves.

I don't think we will win on Wednesday but I do feel we will get our 9 wins this year and make the NCAA's. One of the announces said that "it can be argued that the Gophers are the hottest team in the league." Go Gophers!

If Northwestern didn't have such a terrible day shooting the ball this could have been a much closer game. As it were, Minnesota's defense was smothering in the 1st half and is really starting to look like a bright spot. It's nice to win the games you're supposed to and even nicer to get to avoid a nail biter for once. I suppose that maybe it should have been obvious that JC would deliver on a Sunday...

+1

Much better defense by the Gophers. Rodney did a good job on Shurna and whoever had Crawford shut him down also (Austin Hollins?).

Joe Coleman could retain the B1G Freshman of the week crown.

Good team effort, Ralph, Austin, Rodney and Julian also had great games.

Top Bottom