Northwestern game time: 2:30 on BTN

It's going to be a bunch of running the football. Evan Hull will have a bunch of family and friends at the game, I'm sure.

So in that sense, it wouldn't have mattered if it was 11 or 230. I'm surprised they didn't go 11 on BTN.

It's going to be a bunch of running the football. Evan Hull will have a bunch of family and friends at the game, I'm sure.

So in that sense, it wouldn't have mattered if it was 11 or 230. I'm surprised they didn't go 11 on BTN.
It’s not really that they pick a time.
The networks get picks.

1) Ohio state vs Indiana (fox big noon)
2) Nebraska vs michigan (abc national) (2:30)
3) Maryland vs penn state (fox number 2) (2:30)
4) wisconsin vs Iowa (fs1) (2:30)
5) Purdue vs Illinois (espn2) (11)

6-7) BTN has to put one at 11 and one at 2:30
Minnesota vs northwestern
Michigan state vs Rutgers

(I might have 4/5 flipped)

The networks get picks.

Good breakdown. Probably Central vs Eastern timezone fanbases factored in, as well.

The networks get picks.

The 2:30 slate is more intriguing to me. We’re buried in that grouping.

The 2:30 slate is more intriguing to me. We’re buried in that grouping.
I would guess the 2:30 vs 11am deal for the two BTN games probably has to do with when they think they can maximize ratings.
Michigan and penn state play at 2:30
Let’s put Michigan state at 11. Especially since for Michigan state it’s noon. Especially since Michigan state hasn’t had a home noon game yet this year.

Perfect weather.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to back weather meatgrinders for NW. First team to 15 wins

Evan Hull is a pretty good football player. We'll need to shut down their running game if he is on.

Yes. Bet his family will be hosting Northwestern Parents since he's the only Minnesotan on the roster?

Fantastic!! Our crew always has a tribute to Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago, tailgate (with sausages from Kramarczuk’s) when we play our annual home game against a team from Illinois. It’s tough to do that when it’s a breakfast game.

Back to back weather meatgrinders for NW. First team to 15 wins
Good call. NW showed last week that even their very poor defense can slow an elite offense that's made to be one dimensional. They also showed that their offense will struggle to score points when made one dimensional. I actually see something like 20 - 7 for Minnesota. AK completes just enough passes (including one or two long balls) to open up those running lanes for Mo, and the NW D gets gassed late after weeks of playing bruising running attacks -- not unlike what we saw from Nebraska last week.

Get Purdue to hang a third loss on the Illini in that 11:00 game and the team can be extra motivated to know they are playing for first place in the West.

We know who to root for, in that one!!

The much harder question: do you root for Iowa or Wisconsin?????

I don't want Iowa to have any momentum going into our game with them. But .... :(

We know who to root for, in that one!!

The much harder question: do you root for Iowa or Wisconsin?????

I don't want Iowa to have any momentum going into our game with them. But .... :(
Root for a meteor to hit the stadium... /s

Good call. NW showed last week that even their very poor defense can slow an elite offense that's made to be one dimensional. They also showed that their offense will struggle to score points when made one dimensional. I actually see something like 20 - 7 for Minnesota. AK completes just enough passes (including one or two long balls) to open up those running lanes for Mo, and the NW D gets gassed late after weeks of playing bruising running attacks -- not unlike what we saw from Nebraska last week.
I'm not sure I would read a whole lot into what happened in that game against Ohio State. The wind and rain was ridiculous and nearly completely eliminated the passing game for both teams.

Ohio State relies on the ability to take the top off of a defensive with huge explosive plays out of their passing game. They are not built to grind it out with their running game.

I'm not sure I would read a whole lot into what happened in that game against Ohio State. The wind and rain was ridiculous and nearly completely eliminated the passing game for both teams.

Ohio State relies on the ability to take the top off of a defensive with huge explosive plays out of their passing game. They are not built to grind it out with their running game.
Oh, I know. Like I said, if they can make you one dimensional, they've proven they can load the box and slow you down. They did the same to PSU in the monsoon. Guess we'll see how big of a factor the weather is on Saturday and whether AK can loosen NW up enough to make them play D straight up -- which they've done horribly most of the season.

Top Bottom