Northern Kentucky Tribune: The most successful quarterback in the history of the University of Minnesota football is Ryle HS graduate Tanner Morgan.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Terry:

The most successful quarterback in the history of the University of Minnesota football program is Ryle High School graduate Tanner Morgan. The Gophers have a 33-14 record in games that he started, including victories in three post-season bowls.

On Thursday, Minnesota will take on Syracuse in the Pinstripe Bowl at Yankee Stadium in New York City, but Morgan’s status remains a mystery after sitting out his team’s final three regular season games due to an upper body injury.

Minnesota coach P.J. Fleck was asked about Morgan’s chances of playing in the final game of his college career during an online interview that was posted on Dec. 22.

“Definitely a possibility,” Fleck said. “He’s doing great. He’s been at practice, practicing what seems like the old Tanner, so definitely a possibility.”

Go Gophers!!

Depends on definition and it was a different game in a different era, but 'the most succesful quarterback in the history of Minnesota football" is Sandy Stephens. Pretty hard to argue with leading a national champion; All-American honors; high Heisman voting finish; and quarterbacking in two Rose Bowls. Not to speak of laying the groundwork for blacks being given a chance to play quarterback.

Thank
Depends on definition and it was a different game in a different era, but 'the most succesful quarterback in the history of Minnesota football" is Sandy Stephens. Pretty hard to argue with leading a national champion; All-American honors; high Heisman voting finish; and quarterbacking in two Rose Bowls. Not to speak of laying the groundwork for blacks being given a chance to play quarterback.
Thank you for the reality check. Great guy, great story, awesome 2019 season, but certainly in the top 6 but not number 1.

That is a different era of football when they don't have nearly the resources for development that they have today. So, it is not apple to apple comparison.

Only at the GH can a very positive story about one of Minnesota's great quarterbacks be turned into a negative on the 2nd post.
Congratulations GH posters on always looking for the coal in the stocking.
"Those lights aren't twinkling there Clark."

Morgan is a Kentucky name made famous during the Civil War as Morgan's Raiders terrorized the populations of southern IN and OH.

Morgan is a Kentucky name made famous during the Civil War as Morgan's Raiders terrorized the populations of southern IN and OH.
I wonder if the Kentucky Morgan’s are descendants of 17th-century Welsh privateer (pirate) of the Caribbean, Sir Henry Morgan, best known today as Captain Morgan.
1672279581757.png

I dont think 2nd post is negative, just saying MN had at least 1 QB who should be considered as higher standing than Morgan. Now Morgan is the best QB we have had in a long time and should be appreciated. I dont think that post takes away from his accomplishments.

I gotta be honest, some of those Mitch highlights of yesteryear made me rethink his legacy, he was a pretty good qb. Better than I remember him being at the time.

Only at the GH can a very positive story about one of Minnesota's great quarterbacks be turned into a negative on the 2nd post.
Congratulations GH posters on always looking for the coal in the stocking.
"Those lights aren't twinkling there Clark."
WTF are you talking about. Not dissing Morgan at all; one of my favorite Gophers ever. Only on GH can you get a jackass reply for giving a Gopher great his due. Not surprising from a clown who thinks he's the all time great wit on GH.

Last edited:

I gotta be honest, some of those Mitch highlights of yesteryear made me rethink his legacy, he was a pretty good qb. Better than I remember him being at the time.
I have a lot of respect for how Leidner gave it his all. In games where he had accuracy he was a dangerous QB and tough as nails.

I have a lot of respect for how Leidner gave it his all. In games where he had accuracy he was a dangerous QB and tough as nails.
Love him or hate him, he was a gamer and put it all out there. Leidner was part of a formula that led to our program having consistent above average results on a yearly basis. Guy threw some lame ducks at times but you can never question his grit and determination. One of my fav Gophers of all time.

WTF are you talking about. Not dissing Morgan at all; one of my favorite Gophers ever. Only on GH can you get a jackass reply for giving a Gopher great his due. Not surprising from a clown who thinks he's the all time great wit on GH.
😅
You were the 1st poster after the OP. Read what you wrote and tell me how you praise Morgan while ripping the Kentucky newspaper for stating the facts.
If you gave Tanner his due, then it was a back handed compliment at best.

Top Bottom