North Carolina

Love it. They are an up and coming top 25 team that will provide another tough non-conference to get us ready for the B10 season. I like it more than say, another USC caliber team because a few more of those might just make the schedule impossible. UNC is a solid pick, good job and way to get it done Maturi and Brew!

With our luck, UNC will be bad those years and the gophs will get blasted for scheduling such a weak opponent...

With our luck, UNC will be bad those years and the gophs will get blasted for scheduling such a weak opponent...

Personally, this is why I think a BCS opponent is always a "good" opponent. Who knows how a team will be 5 years out? But there is no chance UNC isn't BCS at that point. So even at their lowest they still have more credibility on the schedule then a MAC type opponent.

I agree 100%.

The reason I wrote that was in reference to how people were/are bashing the gophs for playing Syracuse; Saying the only way we'd play a BCS opponent in the NC schedule was if they were terrible. Granted 'Cuse wasn't a power house when we scheduled them, but they were better than they are now.

Kind of the opposite of Colorado (in theory). They aren't that good right now, but when we play them, they could be a top 25 team again.

As long as Butch Davis is still there (there's no reason to think he won't be) they will be a strong opponent. Top 25? Who knows. But no worse then middle of the ACC.

whens the last time we played an ACC team? NCST in a forgettable bowl game?

whens the last time we played an ACC team? NCST in a forgettable bowl game?

I believe that is correct. Kind of pathetic that we can go more then a decade without playing anyone in a given BCS conference.

We played Virginia (ACC team) about 4 years ago in a bowl and lost.

I agree 100%.

The reason I wrote that was in reference to how people were/are bashing the gophs for playing Syracuse; Saying the only way we'd play a BCS opponent in the NC schedule was if they were terrible. Granted 'Cuse wasn't a power house when we scheduled them, but they were better than they are now.

Kind of the opposite of Colorado (in theory). They aren't that good right now, but when we play them, they could be a top 25 team again.

The Syracuse deal wasn't inked 10 years ago, Maturi picked them less than 10 months ago!

UW played UNC 3 or 4 years ago and had a great time , you all should plan on taking a great road trip out east to see the game.

I have a brother out in North Carolina...

And we are already starting to make plans.

Top Bottom