Norman Borlaug Field?

I think Jesus would be able to put that on his resume without anyone calling him out as another George O'Leary.

He meant real people. Not book characters....[/QUOTE]

Wow! I didn't know Dan Brown posted here! Amazing you'd have time to post today with your new book coming out and all!

Well, it's pretty much your fault for needlessly shoehorning religion into the discussion.

Can you guys just agree to cease and desist right now before this gets way worse?

What you're not expecting some amazing insight to sprout forth from this exchange? :V

(I think that's a fine idea).

Well, it's pretty much your fault for needlessly shoehorning religion into the discussion.

Don't peg me as Tim Tebow just because I mentioned the name "Jesus."

Back on topic, an IOWA congressmen is pushing for a statue of Borlaug in Washington D.C.

...you are clearly confused with this thread. The idea is that the field be named something. Not the stadium. We all understand that the stadium name cannot be changed until the contract is over. For example, the basketball court that UCLA plays on is called the Nell and John Wooden Court, but they play in Pauley Pavilion.

I, for one, think it would be honorable for them to memorialize Borlaug, but really I am impartial to whatever they name it (if anything) just as long as it isn't called 'Metrodome Memorial Field.'

Let's call it Field Turf Field at TCF Bank Stadium. :p

If anything in the athletic department is named for Borlaug, it should be the wrestling room.

Borlaug was a wrestler and spoke to the team many times.

I can't remember where I read or heard this but I think TCF has made the U agree not to name the field while their name is on the building.

I can't remember where I read or heard this but I think TCF has made the U agree not to name the field while their name is on the building.

This, alas, is correct. A guy I know named Joel told me this himself, and he would be the one to know.

Top Bottom