Non-Westbrook thoughts of the night

EG#9

Reaction score
Blake Hoffarber played some great defense on Jason Bohanon tonight. That kids a good shooter and in a low scoring game, denying him shots was huge.

Iverson is becoming a man. I like the way he was sealing off his man in the paint and aggressively going up and grabbing the pass against the frontside defense. The kid is going to be a beast in time.

How nice was it to see Ralph show some emotion? Those of you at the game may not have noticed, but Ralph was visibly pumped early in the game. Later in the game, you could tell he was pissed off by Landry's antics. Also nice to see grab that big defensive rebound late.

Both big men did a nice job feeding the post, but it made me cringe seeing them make so many passes tonight.

How frusterating is it not to be able to make a jumpshot (in particular a 3)? The Gophers completely outplayed Wisconsin tonight, but Landry nailed 4 treys and late in the game the Badgers were shooting 50% from 3 while the Gophers made just one all night. The Gophers dominated in the paint, but it almost went for nothing due to the disparity from the 3 point line (and non paint scoring in general).

Did anyone else think the 5 free points the referees gave the Badgers was going to end up being the difference in the game? They took 3 points away from us on that horrible charge call on Westbrook. Not long after that call, they made a brutal call of a foul on Iverson against Leuer that gave the Badgers 2 from the line. In a game this low scoring, 5 points is enormous.

Great crowd tonight, the student section looked AWESOME on TV dressed almost entirely in gold. The crowd was in to it and it was great to hear them let the officials have it on some of those calls. I didn't like the audible cheering you could hear when the Badgers took the lead, but hopefully that will soon be a thing of the past.

I tell you, there's a monster lurking inside of Ralphy.

I'm not a big fan of hoff getting big minutes, but we did seem to play well tonight with him in there. so kudos to him and Tubby for starting him.

Student section deserves a round of applause! Excellent showing last night.

Great point about Bohannon being so quiet. It's a good thing he was quiet and wasn't given any looks.

Lots of comments on the board about the lack of jump shooting. Chances are we aren't going to make it too far in any post-season tournament if we shoot like that. But maybe we can hold all of our opponents to 33% shooting like we did with the Badgers last night??

Top Bottom