No reason not to start the Freshmen the rest of the way!

25 lbs and weight lifting isn't that hard to put on a 6'9" frame in one off-season! He could be a damn fine player next year.
I wasnt talking about his weight, nor was the post I quoted. BGA has him as a first team All-B1G wing next year, because of course he does. A "beast." Looking through those 2 inch thick rose colored glasses.

He wont ever be at that level. He doesnt have that kind of skill. He'll get better, for sure.

I wasnt talking about his weight, nor was the post I quoted. BGA has him as a first team All-B1G wing next year, because of course he does. A "beast." Looking through those 2 inch thick rose colored glasses.

He wont ever be at that level. He doesnt have that kind of skill. He'll get better, for sure.
Well, he can shoot, he's fairly fast and has a decent handle. If he can get strong enough to finish at the rim while absorbing a hit he could possibly make it to All-B1G status. Hard to tell what his mind set is from this limited run he has gotten this year.

Oturu made a huge jump. Coffey made a significant jump and was still a stick.

If a player thinks he's "The Man" he can be the man. If he doesn't, he's Michael Hurt.

Don't let the fact that I never said he would be an All Big Ten wing next year, get in the way of you saying that I did. I think he will be a Big Ten star by the time he graduates, a very good player. First team all Big Ten? That's a projection I can't make but it is possible for him. He certainly has the ability.

You are one of those people that seems to think lying is a critical component to winning an argument. Not sure why you compelled to do that.

I'm a big Freeman supporter. Sit Daniel so he is fresh for the NBA and give Freeman the minutes. :rolleyes::eek::cool: (oozing sarcasm post)

We do fine offensively. We need to defend better and more consistent.
??? With our awful shooting percentages most games, we are not doing fine offensively. Poor shooting (free throw and field goal) alone has cost us a number of games. We could also use more rebounding, which Ihnen has shown the ability to do fairly well in his limited minutes. He had 10 against WI. Yes, our defense could improve as well, but our offense has NOT been fine.

??? With our awful shooting percentages most games, we are not doing fine offensively. Poor shooting (free throw and field goal) alone has cost us a number of games. We could also use more rebounding, which Ihnen has shown the ability to do fairly well in his limited minutes. He had 10 against WI. Yes, our defense could improve as well, but our offense has NOT been fine.
Our poor shooting is proof of how efficient we've been. The easier path to more wins is to defend better. Our offense ranks higher than our defense in KenPom

Our poor shooting is proof of how efficient we've been. The easier path to more wins is to defend better. Our offense ranks higher than our defense in KenPom
Thanks for the chuckle.

Wait...you weren't serious, were you??

"Hey Daniel, please stick around. By the

Ihnen looks like he will develop into a useful B1G player in a couple years, but he's not going to be some "beast" next year. Get a grip.
Agreed. Ihnen is a nice player. He should at a minimum be an upgrade over Demir. But let's not go declaring him All B1G here.

Agreed. Ihnen is a nice player. He should at a minimum be an upgrade over Demir. But let's not go declaring him All B1G here.
Nobody did. He lied about what I said and you took his post at face value.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Wait...you weren't serious, were you??
We are still rated by many metrics to be plenty efficient offensively. Why can’t you understand it’s more than just black and white. We get our best shooters the most shots and we don’t turn it over a ton. Our offensive sets get us pretty high quality shots, we have not made them this year. Shooting as “poor” as we have and still having a KenPom ranking in the 30s is actually pretty remarkable.

Nobody did. He lied about what I said and you took his post at face value.
Wasn't basing it on one post. Many (not just you) seem a bit inflated in your value of Ihnen (and Mashburn.) They could both be good. I wouldn't assume them to be top players on next year's team.

"Hey Daniel, please stick around. By the

Ihnen looks like he will develop into a useful B1G player in a couple years, but he's not going to be some "beast" next year. Get a grip.
Always so negative.. bashing everyone's opinion.. it gets old.

I think Ihnen will be a quality starter next year. I think like Coffey he is going to have to be aggressive taking it to the rim and not settling for challenged 3's. Ihnen looks like a shooter, but you have to be able to drive to be a complete player. I expect him to turn a corner as a sophmore.

Winning does come first.

Ihnen should be starting, based on his play the past month. That does provide the best chance at winning, imo. Williams should be taking more minutes from Willis, who really looks weak and slow - against Wisonsin.
Williams, Ihnen, and Omersa minutes should all go way up. I agree this would actually make us a better team as well. Omersa confuses me. He was getting minutes earlier in the year, did pretty well with em (I thought), then lost minutes to Demir on his down fall. Looking at all these guys play this year there's no reason we shouldn't be able to give these starters rest throughout the game. Willis can take the point when Carr is out. Demir and Hurt can be your 8 and 9 guys. Compared to other programs there's no reason we should be giving Carr, Gabe, and Oturu 35+ min night in and night out.

I think Ihnen will be a quality starter next year. I think like Coffey he is going to have to be aggressive taking it to the rim and not settling for challenged 3's. Ihnen looks like a shooter, but you have to be able to drive to be a complete player. I expect him to turn a corner as a sophmore.
Agreed he's gonna be a star. He's already showed some signs of being able to handle the ball with a rebound and go. Hopefully he stays around regardless of coaching situation as with other guys on the team. Never know though, it is what is if a change is made.

Top Bottom