No Penalties

Goldie9

Reaction score
How many times in the history of Power 5 College Football has there been a game without a single penalty like was the case today in the Gopher vs Hawkeye game?

They let a lot go both ways. Was nice to see the players decided the game, even if there were some things missed both ways
If there were missed illegal things the players didn’t decide the game

Not sure that it decided the outcome but I doubt there were no penalties in the game
The refs sucked and were lazy bums

If there were missed illegal things the players didn’t decide the game

Not sure that it decided the outcome but I doubt there were no penalties in the game
The refs sucked and were lazy bums
I thought there was a clear PI on the interception (the defender riding the receiver like mule), but then again, I'm a total homer.
The one in the back of the end zone prior to the missed fg was probably the worst looking one live. We did ourselves no favors with the route combo/throw choices which let Iowa squat on routes all game

The one in the back of the end zone prior to the missed fg was probably the worst looking one live. We did ourselves no favors with the route combo/throw choices which let Iowa squat on routes all game
Yeah. Honestly the lack of penalties may have helped us more than them. But to go a whole game without a penalty when there is holding every play is an indictment of the officials.
Clearly lazy just cashing a check and going home

Yeah. Honestly the lack of penalties may have helped us more than them. But to go a whole game without a penalty when there is holding every play is an indictment of the officials.
Clearly lazy just cashing a check and going home
I guess at least they were consistent 🤷🏻‍♂️

I thought there was a clear PI on the interception (the defender riding the receiver like mule), but then again, I'm a total homer.
It was total pass interference, but our guys are just pus--s when it comes to fighting for the ball.

They let a lot go both ways. Was nice to see the players decided the game, even if there were some things missed both ways
Failure to penalize players for breaking the rules is players deciding the game. Except the cheaters decide the game for their team when that happens. That's worse.

Read everything interested in the answer, no answer yet.

It was total pass interference, but our guys are just pus--s when it comes to fighting for the ball.
I don’t think it was catchable for the guy interfered with. It was a terrible pass between two guys that land out of bounds.

Nothing in the game jumped out as egregious on either side.

I thought the refs allowed a lot of grabbing on both sides.

It would have been interesting if the Gophers had stopped Iowa after the INT and won the game on a late FG or in OT. That was clearly a TD on the return.

I've been waiting for someone to mention this nationally but it's gone silent. Oddly the game recap didn't note the 0 penalties, both sides fact which is quite obvious and astounding.

The NFL hasn't had a penalty-free game since 1940, from the best answer I can find.

I can't find a good answer on a NCAA game, but it has to be very rare?

I've seen the stat geeks come up with far more obscure 'first-since-19--" stats than this.

There was clear targeting on Kaliakmanis on the play he had to come out for. I truly expected a booth review and it never happened!

There was clear targeting on Kaliakmanis on the play he had to come out for. I truly expected a booth review and it never happened!
They did review this as the Gophers were forced to remove AK from the game 1 or 2 plays later, so it was reviewed but not for targeting, just for safety. Not sure if they can call targeting IF not called right away?

They did review this as the Gophers were forced to remove AK from the game 1 or 2 plays later, so it was reviewed but not for targeting, just for safety. Not sure if they can call targeting IF not called right away?
They called him out immediately. (Before the next play) I don't know if medical staff is tied to instant replay. If they saw the hit, took him out, but didn't review for targeting that seems like a disconnect. He got up shaking his head and that is when they stopped the game and took him out.

They called him out immediately. (Before the next play) I don't know if medical staff is tied to instant replay. If they saw the hit, took him out, but didn't review for targeting that seems like a disconnect. He got up shaking his head and that is when they stopped the game and took him out.
Ok, so I went back and looked at the game as I recorded it as I was confused at the time exactly what was happening. AK ran to the left and was met helmet to helmet on the very first play of the 2nd quarter and taken down which made it 3rd and 9. They then ran a play where AK completed on 3rd and 9, a pass to Brockington for a first down and THEN the whistle blew and they show AK talking to the official and that is when they took him out for the next few plays. The official acted as though he was going to make an announcement so everyone knew what was happening, and then decided not to and Kramer came in.

So, it was after 1 play they blew the whistle and took him out AND it was after one of the very few pass completions of the game, for the good guys. My guess is the replay booth notified the on field crew to have him go through concussion protocol, but after a play had been run.

Question still remains to me; can they pull a player out for targeting after a play has been run?

The announcers thought it might be a review for targeting, which it was not as they took AK out for 2 plays.

Sorry to split hairs but I'm getting old and the way you remembered, I didn't think was right so I had to check.

Or they were the Bielema Comment Revenge Squad. (You know they're not gonna respond directly to Bielema that would prove his point.)
His point doesn't need proving...it's a fact that anyone with their head not buried in the sand realizes. The Big Ten isn't going to let Illinois beat Michigan.

As for our game...they don't care as much. But with Minnesota being one of the least assertive programs in the nation, we're not going to get favorable home officiating like some do.

Top Bottom