No, Nebby, you will NOT play outside the Big Ten...

If the B1G is going to bail out on the season, after releasing a schedule and clearing teams to practice TWO DAYS AGO, then every team should be given the decision to compile a season.

Sorry, but Trevor Lawrence said it best. The best way to keep these kids from getting infected, is keeping them in their team bubble on campus. Releasing them into the public, well....

Before the Big 10 sponsored hockey, the Big 10 schools with hockey teams all played in other conferences as the Big 10 wasn't an option. Once the Big 10 started with hockey, they all joined the Big 10 and went from there.

I don't see why it would be any different for football. If the Big 10 isn't going to have an official conference season for football this year, teams that still want to play should be able to temporarily join another conference or schedule non-conference games and then go back to playing in the Big 10 when that's an option.

That being said, I have a feeling they'll want to push around the schools who want to play and will end up delaying the season until spring rather than cancelling, at which point it would be impractical or impossible for teams to play elsewhere for a season and then return to the Big 10 a few months later.

I would love to see the Gophers op into the SEC this year. Can you imagine having one of the Southern teams playing up here in late October or early November. I think it would be priceless to make them travel into BIG territory when the elements are tough.

I would love to see the Gophers op into the SEC this year. Can you imagine having one of the Southern teams playing up here in late October or early November. I think it would be priceless to make them travel into BIG territory when the elements are tough.
Would be awesome TV. Just like if we went to Baton Rouge.

Maybe this is how Nebraska returns to glory. They play in the Big 12 for a season and play in the CCG just like they always used to.

Not sure how to cheer for NE now if they end up in Big 12. If the dominate makes B1G Ten look good. If they lose it would show just how far they have fallen. My gut tells me NE would do well. They would have the 2nd or 3rd best defense in the Big 12 and since no one plays defense they will probably score a ton.

If the B1G is going to bail out on the season, after releasing a schedule and clearing teams to practice TWO DAYS AGO, then every team should be given the decision to compile a season.

Sorry, but Trevor Lawrence said it best. The best way to keep these kids from getting infected, is keeping them in their team bubble on campus. Releasing them into the public, well....
Because these are clearly the only options. they have to play football games to remain on campus.

Just another example of what a Tool Frost is...

I think Nebraska will be a bottom feeder as long as Scott Frost is employed. And I love it.

Biggest mistake in the history of the Big Ten!!!!

Dump their pathetic asses!!!

It'd be different if the B1G said they were not having a football season this year period. Then I'd understand teams that didn't agree with that decision trying to find other options for a year. But if the conference is moving to spring, then I have an issue. You made a choice to join a conference. That choice came with certain compromises. This is one of those compromises. Move to a spring season and be done. You don't want to play spring? There's the door...

I know Nebby has been the most vocal, but they are not the only B1G team rumored to still want to play. I would say the above whether it was Nebby or Michigan or Iowa or Wisconsin. If you want to be part of a conference then you follow the rules and decisions of that conference.

If Nebraska wants to write its own rules, then the B1G should withhold all shared TV money.

That might actually make the Nebraska President and Board of Regents wake up and remember that Frost works for them - not the other way around.

If Gopher hockey can't be in whatever conference they want, Nebraska can't do its own thing....or kick them out.

Last edited:

Top Bottom