No MN recruits to WI, IA, or the Irish

CWCWCW

Reaction score
How many years has it been that a Minnesota recruit hasn't chosen Iowa, Wisconsin, or Notre Dame?
There always seems to be at least one that chooses those schools. Nice job Coach Kill.

I know that a kid should go to whatever school he feels will work best for him. But, it always bugs me when a Minnesota recruit chooses Iowa or Wisconsin. Ragnow could end up being an All American, but I don't really care all that much. No sour grapes, but out of sight, out of mind.

How many years has it been that a Minnesota recruit hasn't chosen Iowa, Wisconsin, or Notre Dame?
There always seems to be at least one that chooses those schools. Nice job Coach Kill.

I know that a kid should go to whatever school he feels will work best for him. But, it always bugs me when a Minnesota recruit chooses Iowa or Wisconsin. Ragnow could end up being an All American, but I don't really care all that much. No sour grapes, but out of sight, out of mind.

Then again, Ragnow could be a bust under the ButtHead.

I think this shows that the Big Ten is falling behind other conferences. MN kids want to go go the SEC. Hurts me to say it.

I think this shows that the Big Ten is falling behind other conferences. MN kids want to go go the SEC. Hurts me to say it.

Notre Dame joined the B1G? Wow!

Oh wait, you must mean that if one MN kid goes to Arkansas instead of MN, WI, or IA, then "MN kids want to go go [sic] the SEC." Hurts me to say it, but that's quite the stretch, Maxy.

Notre Dame joined the B1G? Wow!

Oh wait, you must mean that if one MN kid goes to Arkansas instead of MN, WI, or IA, then "MN kids want to go go [sic] the SEC." Hurts me to say it, but that's quite the stretch, Maxy.

JC Hassenauer went to Alabama. Two of the top three players in Minnesota went to the SEC. Not saying that this is a trend or anything but it's a bit annoying more than anything. Granted, I'd rather have them go to the SEC than other schools in the B1G.

JC Hassenauer went to Alabama. Two of the top three players in Minnesota went to the SEC. Not saying that this is a trend or anything but it's a bit annoying more than anything. Granted, I'd rather have them go to the SEC than other schools in the B1G.

But, but don't we want the conference to be strong and to see good players visiting TCF each week???? /sarcasm

We heard A LOT of that regarding the Big 3 basketball players. Always annoyed me.

The top player in Iowa, an O-lineman signed to Alabama as well. It is sad that players from here not only think they are too good to play for us but to good to play for the Big ten as well. At least go to OSU or Michigan and help out this great conference. I can live with that. I can't live with players going to powerhouse non big ten schools. Maybe not Wisconsin but i would much rather lose a recruit to even Iowa over anywhere in the SEC, Notre Dame or any other helmet school.

The top player in Iowa, an O-lineman signed to Alabama as well. It is sad that players from here not only think they are too good to play for us but to good to play for the Big ten as well. At least go to OSU or Michigan. I can live with that. I can't live with players going to powerhouse non big ten schools. Maybe not Wisconsin but i would much rather lose a recruit to Iowa over anywhere in the SEC, Notre Dame or any other helmet school.

This is exactly what I can't stand. Why would you want Minnesota kids helping another Big Ten team beat the Gophers? If they aren't coming here, hopefully they go some where far, far, away.

This is exactly what I can't stand. Why would you want Minnesota kids helping another Big Ten team beat the Gophers? If they aren't coming here, hopefully they go some where far, far, away.

Because i want them to to at least help out the Big Tens reputation and win the conference some meaningful bowl games that we desperately need. I hate the SEC and Notre Dame a lot more then i hate any of our rivals and i am sick of the Big Ten getting no respect, also i just hate non Big Ten helmet schools.

If you are from the States of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana Nebraska or Iowa then you should not be playing for any other conference except the Big Ten period.

It will be interesting to see how Notre Dame goes with recruiting now that they will be playing fewer B1G schools and scheduling more ACC. Perception is B1G is down in football. I love B1G football.

Because i want them to to at least help out the Big Tens reputation and win the conference some meaningful bowl games that we desperately need. I hate the SEC and Notre Dame a lot more then i hate any of our rivals and i am sick of the Big Ten getting no respect, also i just hate non Big Ten helmet schools.

If you are from the States of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana Nebraska or Iowa then you should not be playing for any other conference except the Big Ten period.

Sorry, I can't follow this logic. I pledge allegiance to the GOPHERS, not necessarily the B1G. Love that we didn't lose any kids to Iowa, Wisconsin or ND...definitely on the right track!

You sound like a Kentucky fan that pounds their chest on an ESPN board when Bama or Auburn etc wins the BCS "SEC! SEC! SEC!" bitch please you won two games Who cares how the big ten does in bowls. Do you really root for sconnie and Iowa in their bowl games. I was so glad when that overrated Buckeye team lost to Clemson. Atleast Big Ten fans are real fans because they only care about their school

You sound like a Kentucky fan that pounds their chest on an ESPN board when Bama or Auburn etc wins the BCS "SEC! SEC! SEC!" bitch please you won two games Who cares how the big ten does in bowls. Do you really root for sconnie and Iowa in their bowl games. I was so glad when that overrated Buckeye team lost to Clemson. Atleast Big Ten fans are real fans because they only care about their school

Sorry that we disagree, but I root for big ten teams in bowls. Even our rivals. Because it shows how good the Gophers are when we eventually beat them.

As far as Minnesota High School kids going to other big ten teams though, I am against it.

Sent from my MUCH i5 using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see how Notre Dame goes with recruiting now that they will be playing fewer B1G schools and scheduling more ACC. Perception is B1G is down in football. I love B1G football.

Maxy, while Notre Dame is geographically in the Midwest, I believe they've always wanted to be known and identified with as an Eastern school. They have a huge following in the Eastern seaboard. They recruit nationally, but may have a bit less success down the road here in the Midwest because of their ACC tie in. My guess, however, is it'll have very little impact on their recruiting.

May I just add that two is a small sample size and hardly a trend. I will also add that Arkansas is not a coincidence since the coach knows Minnesota well.

I will also add that the worry should be that the SEC is recruiting Minnesota and not that kids want to play in the SEC-I suspect they always did but no offers were available.

How many years has it been that a Minnesota recruit hasn't chosen Iowa, Wisconsin, or Notre Dame? There always seems to be at least one that chooses those schools. Nice job Coach Kill. I know that a kid should go to whatever school he feels will work best for him. But, it always bugs me when a Minnesota recruit chooses Iowa or Wisconsin. Ragnow could end up being an All American, but I don't really care all that much. No sour grapes, but out of sight, out of mind.

I believe that Malik Rucker chose Iowa a year or two ago. Was a DB from MN.

I believe that Malik Rucker chose Iowa a year or two ago. Was a DB from MN.

This thread is pretty weird, given that there was only one in-state recruit signed by Minnesota in 2014 that was actually wanted by IA, WI, or ND (Jeff Jones), and that we lost the top three in-state recruits to those exact schools in 2013 (Onwualu - ND, Brookins - WI, Rucker - IA).

This thread is pretty weird, given that there was only one in-state recruit signed by Minnesota in 2014 that was actually wanted by IA, WI, or ND (Jeff Jones), and that we lost the top three in-state recruits to those exact schools in 2013 (Onwualu - ND, Brookins - WI, Rucker - IA).

Interesting observation. As a senior my conclusion is that there must be a lot of seniors who post here since this blog has more than it share of "senior moments". But it makes me feel like I am not alone. Thanks!

I agree. I thought it was a weird thread as well! I knew there was more than just Rucker! Thanks for pointing that out Dpo!

The top player in Iowa, an O-lineman signed to Alabama as well. It is sad that players from here not only think they are too good to play for us but to good to play for the Big ten as well. At least go to OSU or Michigan and help out this great conference. I can live with that. I can't live with players going to powerhouse non big ten schools. Maybe not Wisconsin but i would much rather lose a recruit to even Iowa over anywhere in the SEC, Notre Dame or any other helmet school.

Why do you think the players owe anybody anything? That doesn't make any sense in the world. Playing D1 football in a once in a lifetime opportunity and if they want to go play for a perennial title contender rather than a middling team then that's their choice.

I'd rather them be in the SEC then see their ugly mugs against the Gophs every year or on tv against little sisters of the poor every week (aka ND).

Top Bottom