No mention of Devoe Joseph in Andy Katz's story on Oregon

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Does anyone else find it odd there's nary a mention of Devoe Joseph in this story by Andy Katz? Especially considering Altman's focus on winning now (taking in potential problematic transfers). Is it possible Devoe will indeed sit out the entire year & wait until 2012-13 to use up his final year of eligibility? Certainly if he's playing this year, he'd be someone Katz would mention?

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ebuilding-want-success-now-college-basketball

Thanks Bleed.

While sitting out Devoe misses what figure to be 4 important games for the Ducks. ... @ Vandy (Nov. 11), @ Nebraska (Nov. 23), UTEP (Nov. 29) and @ BYU (Dec. 3).

Hope Devoe has a great year watching Jabari Brown from the bench and his brother cashing checks.

there will be a season... still can't believe he got drafted that high by a quality team.

cory-joseph-306x203.jpg

Who cares?His brother got the money.Now they can party it up.He really lost me when he went to the coaches and said he wasn't getting enough shots.A has been that never was.

Devoe who?
My take is that Devoe quit so it wouldn't be announced that he was ineligible due to grades. Last year was his chance to step up and show the NBA he was ready. Anytime he was on the court the offense was going to go thru Devoe. He blew it.
After that he had no desire to hang out in MN and listen to how he had let the team down. Now he has a new start and all those wonderful facilities to perfect his game. At this point I doubt the NBA is impressed with his decision.

I have no idea about the eligibility issue, it makes sense if that is the case, Devoe can play though.

I would think he is at least the equal of his brother. I don't think either have the quickness to play PG in the NBA nor do either of them have the size or shooting ability to play SG. Devoe will go overseas and his brother will have a short career in the NBA and then play overseas.

Top Bottom