No longer on the aisle...

gopherf4n

Reaction score
When I selected my seats in May, I picked up two seats in Row 23 on the aisle, seats 19-20. When I arrived at TCF today, I came to see that there was a mysterious new seat 21 on the aisle. When I looked at some of the rows in front of me, I noticed that there were two seats where there could really be three. In my row, however, there were three seats, and neither of mine were the aisle. I was never informed of this addition.

When I went to report this to guest services, there was another gentlemen there with the exact same complaint.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know has had a similar experience. Needless to say I am livid and made that abundantly clear this afternoon. I will be having a wonderful phone conversation with someone on Monday to discuss this.

Row with 2 seats where there could be 3.
2.jpg

My row, with a new Seat 21.
3.jpg

what a wonderful first post! ;)

seriously though. try to remember that this is a BRAND NEW stadium. there are things that are going to take time to perfect. there WILL BE kinks that have to be worked out. this would be one of them. acting livid and pissed off about something like this is not going to change anything more than if you approach it in a manner of hey this is a new stadium and hopefully they can get this worked out for me.

don't get me wrong. i am not trying to lecture you and i do understand the "principle" of where you are coming from, but to me it looks like you still have some great seats and are only one seat off the aisle, so it is not like you are all of the sudden stuck in the middle of a row. either way you should be golden.

go gophers!

gopherf4n...

...Would you like some cheese with your whine? Hope you don't take your anger out on the poor slob who has to sit next to you in that "extra" seat.

That would really p*** me off. From the photo it looks like there's decent space between the numbers. Is that the case? Or is is just the angle of the photo?

I too would be livid. This has nothing to do with adding a seat, space between seats, or working out kinks in a new stadium. I would guess that the primary, if not only, reason that gopherf4n picked those seats was that they were on the aisle. If there was someone else there at selection time, he would have taken ones in a different row on the aisle.

At a minimum, I would demand that your seats be changed to 20-21 and not 19-20. Don't let them give you the run around on what happened and why.

Honestly Bronko, does the U ever do anything wrong in your world? This is as egregious a mistake as you can make w/r/t a season ticket holders seats. People choose aisle seats first for a reason, they are highly desired and therefore go first. Screwing them over and moving them in after the fact is garbage.

If you look at the Big picture, this might be a benefit. If you have two of three seats then the remaining seat will usually be open. No one wants to sit by themselves.

I agree that switching to the aisle might be worthwhile.

I'm guessing they accidently put an extra sticker on the seat. Imagine the guy installing the seat numbers taping from one side to the other, if there was room for another seat, he probably wasn't looking at a plan for every row he installed. I'm guessing there is no one sitting there and you still have an aisle seat.

This happened to our group as well. We have seven guys with 12 tickets between us. The ticket "Coordinator" in the group selected the last four seats in three consecutive rows in our section (101) so that we all would be in a tight group. However, the ticket office placed a single at the end of our row (28) which bumped us one seat off. We weren't happy about it, but its not a huge deal. What will bother me however is if this single decides to get two or three seats next year and bumps us further over.

Again, not a huge deal, but irritating nonetheless.

Shut the f*** up and quit your whining people. Was there even anyone sitting in that seat?Look, if this guy bought seats on the aisle, then that is what is in the computer system. So guess what, they cant sell a seat not in the system. I am guessing that is what the deal is, although this person wont come back on to tell us he was over-reacting big time.

This happened to our group as well. We have seven guys with 12 tickets between us. The ticket "Coordinator" in the group selected the last four seats in three consecutive rows in our section (101) so that we all would be in a tight group. However, the ticket office placed a single at the end of our row (28) which bumped us one seat off. We weren't happy about it, but its not a huge deal. What will bother me however is if this single decides to get two or three seats next year and bumps us further over.

Again, not a huge deal, but irritating nonetheless.

Probably won't happen. The ticket office has made it pretty clear that while they retain the right to shuffle seats around they won't be doing so in the near future. Also, how is the single going to get these additional seats when the stadium is sold out? :)

DL Guy - the only person going over the top here is you with your pseudo-f-bomb.

PS - don't guess. Based upon your post, I wouldn't like your chances.

Sorry I get a little upset when I hear of someone who was "Livid" and made that very clear to the person at the stadium. I guess yelling at a student who is working the event rubs me the wrong way. I worked there while in college and had to deal with jerks like that who always assume the ticket office is out to screw them over.

I checked with the ticket office and here is the deal. Those "extra" seats were not in the original blueprints and were not sold. When they installed the seats they realized they had exta room and capacity was increased a bit. They did NOT sell those seats and are giving the people next to that seat the opportunity to either buy that seat or move their seats over. I am sure they are busy with a ton of other stuff and just have not gotten around to that yet. Looks like everything was taken care of just fine by the Ticket Office. And United We Stand, I GUESS I was right.

Sorry I get a little upset when I hear of someone who was "Livid" and made that very clear to the person at the stadium. I guess yelling at a student who is working the event rubs me the wrong way. I worked there while in college and had to deal with jerks like that who always assume the ticket office is out to screw them over.

I checked with the ticket office and here is the deal. Those "extra" seats were not in the original blueprints and were not sold. When they installed the seats they realized they had exta room and capacity was increased a bit. They did NOT sell those seats and are giving the people next to that seat the opportunity to either buy that seat or move their seats over. I am sure they are busy with a ton of other stuff and just have not gotten around to that yet. Looks like everything was taken care of just fine by the Ticket Office. And United We Stand, I GUESS I was right.

DL guy, I'll take your word for it and will look forward to that phone call. FYI - I was so upset by this that I wasn't willing to spend the necessary five minutes needed to call the ticket office and look into it further. But I appreciate you doing so!:D

Oh, and I still don't like your chances.

DL guy, I'll take your word for it and will look forward to that phone call. FYI - I was so upset by this that I wasn't willing to spend the necessary five minutes needed to call the ticket office and look into it further. But I appreciate you doing so!:D

Oh, and I still don't like your chances.

well, it sounds like DLguy pretty much confirmed what i said in response to gopherf4a. care to reconsider your post, gogogophers? or are you still too livid?! ;)

that is the problem with some on this board. rather than take a couple minutes to call the ticket office and get something cleared up they would much rather come on here first to whine/bitch/moan/complain about it (the minnesota way) while someone else looks into it for them.

great approach to life's little problems guys...... :rolleyes:

If it were a problem, I would have called. For me it wasn't; merely an annoyance.

As someone who was born and raised here, I don't agree with your stereotype (is that your way?), but I respect it. I will say however, that if you do feel this is the Minnesota way, and you don't like it, feel free to go, rather than "whine/bitch/moan/complain" and roll your eyes about it. Based upon your suggestion, you are definitely one of us.

I'm no genius, but I am now even dumber for having spent another minute responding here.

If it were a problem, I would have called. For me it wasn't; merely an annoyance.

As someone who was born and raised here, I don't agree with your stereotype (is that your way?), but I respect it. I will say however, that if you do feel this is the Minnesota way, and you don't like it, feel free to go, rather than "whine/bitch/moan/complain" and roll your eyes about it. Based upon your suggestion, you are definitely one of us.

I'm no genius, but I am now even dumber for having spent another minute responding here.

touche. good stuff! ;)

p.s. i was born and raised in minnesota as well. still live in minny too. unfortunately, i don't think it is a stereotype what i described. i have seen far too many people who react the way i described for it to solely be a personal feeling or mis-placed perception.

I agree with TCF=Unitedwestand on this one. I wasn't born and raised in MN and have lived in several different states in my life (including this one for 12 years) and my perception is that it is a people thing, not a Minnesotan thing. People are pretty much the same wherever you go. People in Ohio, Utah, and Florida are busy posting things that upset them on message boards without first exhausting all possibilities or doing further research, and people in Ohio, Utah, and Florida are taking time out of their day to rip into them and tell them to stop complaining.

I for one found it interesting that there was a single tagged onto the end of your row, and I too would be upset if I had specifically picked that row for aisle seats. You probably could have had much better seats if you wouldn't have minded sitting a couple seats into a row. I'll be interested to hear about how this is resolved. On what date were the bench seats installed? The ticket office has had some time to get in touch with people by now, busy or not. Wondering when the ticket office is going to get around to calling people about this, there are only 18 days left....

maybe more leg room, or maybe you'll meet a new gopher friend. This place is awesome though, lets pump the positivity...

I like DL65 more than I like DLguy

However, F-bombs are funny.

TCF - it's time to start working on positive karma. Remember, have a vision for the future!! If you pray hard enough, the person sitting in the empty seat next to you could be a knockout, mid 30's buxom blonde with legs up to here and a personality to match.

Think big!!!!!:D

This hasn't been mentioned yet as a possibility thru this whole thread.... Is it possible that the end seat was one of the "obstructed view" seats the U removed from the selection system? This would explain why you didn't know it was there and a few other things too...

This hasn't been mentioned yet as a possibility thru this whole thread.... Is it possible that the end seat was one of the "obstructed view" seats the U removed from the selection system? This would explain why you didn't know it was there and a few other things too...

I don't think so. The obstructed view seats were visible (i.e. shadowy dot) on the selection webpage, but they weren't made available (i.e. green dot). Removing them from the system didn't remove them visually, it just took away your ability to pick them.

At least that's how I understood it.

TCF - it's time to start working on positive karma. Remember, have a vision for the future!! If you pray hard enough, the person sitting in the empty seat next to you could be a knockout, mid 30's buxom blonde with legs up to here and a personality to match.

Think big!!!!!:D

Covered - my wife will be at the Air Force game, and maybe Purdue (younger than mid-30s however). Although I do remember somebody posting a picture of Alyssa Milano in a Gopher T not too long ago - I would make space for her.

No need for an extra seat for her. Just place Ms. Milano right there on your lap.

Top Bottom