No chance

Reaction score
Forgive me for starting another KFAN thread, but it's May and there isn't much else to talk about.
I'm a channel surfer and listen to whatever keeps my attention. Last week, I was listening to Barriero on my way home from work. The Twins had beaten the White Sox 3-2 that day and he was talking Twins.
I listened to him and his sarcastic sidekick savage the Twins for 20 straight minutes. The usual stuff. The White Sox put out a terrible lineup that day, Mauer (baby Jesus) made an error, terrible to watch, etc.. Used the words "rube" and "apologists" for anyone who was a fan or explained reasons for anything.
At the time, they had a 2 or 3 game lead in the division and the 3rd best record in baseball. AND THEY WON THAT DAY.
It got me thinking, what chance do the Gophers have of ever getting any positive stories from that station?
I've hated on Reusse as much as anyone. I don't post often, but at least half of them were in the Reusse = sh!t thread from last season. KFAN is so bad, I've been listening to Pat in the afternoon. I think his disastrous morning show may have humbled him some. He is doing the one thing he is good at...telling old baseball stories and analyzing the Twins. (Soucheroy is horrible and ESPN radio does nothing for me).
It's not just that KFAN is bad, they are sooooo predictable. Time to mix things up. A 'cco like house cleaning is in order.

Most of the time Barriero is just kidding. His schtick is to tweak the fans that think the Twins and Joe Mauer can do no wrong. Minnesotans ARE provincial and he pokes fun at that all the time.

If you don't like KFAN, don't listen. Personally, I like PA's show and Barriero's. I think PA does a great job talking about local sports and i enjoy his guests. Barriero does a good job of mixing in other topics outside the realm of sports.

I know KFAN isn't a popular topic for the Gopher fans on this board, but i've never understood that. I'm not someone who needs the talk show host to pimp the hometown teams 24-7. I don't expect the writers and media to be fans of the local teams. I'm OK with the host saying something i don't agree with every now and then.

If the popularity of Gopher football hinges on the words (or lack thereof) of PA or Barriero......there are larger issues for the program.

Has anyone listened to the new ESPN 1500? It's garbage. Colin Cowherd makes the Common Man seem interesting. The morning show they had with John Hanson & Doogie was the best thing they've had on.

It got me thinking, what chance do the Gophers have of ever getting any positive stories from that station?

None. KFAN's strategy is to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Their listers are least sophisticated, least educated, lowest-income people living in the suburbs of the Twin Cities. All they are capable of understanding or appreciating is bashing something or someone. They derive much glee from this.

I have listened to Barriero about 10 times. Each time I was astounded by how stupid he and his side-kick are. Only in Minnesota would these guys be on a station with such a strong signal in such a large market. I am convinced that you will never hear an intelligent analysis of anything on that station because it is basically a think-tank for idiocy. I can't understand why anyone would want to be associated with that mess.

Like sniffing glue, listening to KFAN will make you stupid. Just say no.

None. KFAN's strategy is to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Their listers are least sophisticated, least educated, lowest-income people living in the suburbs of the Twin Cities. All they are capable of understanding or appreciating is bashing something or someone. They derive much glee from this.

I have listened to Barriero about 10 times. Each time I was astounded by how stupid he and his side-kick are. Only in Minnesota would these guys be on a station with such a strong signal in such a large market. I am convinced that you will never hear an intelligent analysis of anything on that station because it is basically a think-tank for idiocy. I can't understand why anyone would want to be associated with that mess.

Like sniffing glue, listening to KFAN will make you stupid. Just say no.

You forgot that KFART is rarely in the top 15 stations as well. Add that to your analysis and you are talking about 15,000 people. Total.

Most of the time Barriero is just kidding. His schtick is to tweak the fans that think the Twins and Joe Mauer can do no wrong. Minnesotans ARE provincial and he pokes fun at that all the time.

If you don't like KFAN, don't listen. Personally, I like PA's show and Barriero's. I think PA does a great job talking about local sports and i enjoy his guests. Barriero does a good job of mixing in other topics outside the realm of sports.

I know KFAN isn't a popular topic for the Gopher fans on this board, but i've never understood that. I'm not someone who needs the talk show host to pimp the hometown teams 24-7. I don't expect the writers and media to be fans of the local teams. I'm OK with the host saying something i don't agree with every now and then.

If the popularity of Gopher football hinges on the words (or lack thereof) of PA or Barriero......there are larger issues for the program.

Has anyone listened to the new ESPN 1500? It's garbage. Colin Cowherd makes the Common Man seem interesting. The morning show they had with John Hanson & Doogie was the best thing they've had on.

I don't think most people don't like KFAN because they are negative most of the time towards the Gophers, it's that they use half-truths or even lies to help their cause.

For me, it's fine if Dan doesn't like Brewster or the Gophers, but when he throws out things that aren't even true to try to help his case, that's just bad.

What's this KFAN thing you speak of? I haven't turned that station on since 1500 made the switch...and this is coming from someone who despises ESPN.

Let them die out, don't talk about them

I haven't listen to KFAN for some time now due to Barriero's childish behavior. Only wish that everyone would tune out (entire programming) as well and don't even talk about them. Let them die out completely.

I'm not fond of listening to a station (ok, fine, just half the day of that station) that tries to make me ashamed to be a Minnesotan and a fan of its sports teams. You can call it shtick and call me a rube for believing that it is on the up and up, but the world is tough enough as is, a little positivity (or even objectivity) couldn't hurt every once in a while.

I'll give KFAN this--when they don't talk sports, it's pretty good.

I will listen to the Common Man once in a while just for something different, but since 1500 switched to all sports my tuner is fixed on KSTP. I thought I would hate Reusse on the radio but it's actually pretty good.

If you don't like KFAN, don't listen.

Free speech works both ways. KFAN is free to offer a crappy product and we are free to criticize them for offering a crappy product.

I'm not someone who needs the talk show host to pimp the hometown teams 24-7. I don't expect the writers and media to be fans of the local teams. I'm OK with the host saying something i don't agree with every now and then.

I expect the local media not to treat the local teams like a Porta-potty.

I don't think that the listeners are stupid. They are like someone who eats moldy bread because it is the only food available. I really don't think that people derive all that much glee from bashing the local teams, KFAN just as a "take it or leave it" attitude. They figure that listeners will take crappy sports talk over nothing.

Top Bottom