No Bye Week For Gophs?

maliksealy

Reaction score
I was just scrolling through the Gophers schedule this season and noticed they had no bye week. I know this happened to them a couple years ago as well. Considering how they seemed to wear out last year in a lot of positions, is this something to be concerned about?

The only Big Ten teams I found with bye weeks this year are Wisconsin and Illinois. I'd guess it has to do with Labor Day being a little later this year.

This is the last year the Big Ten's last week is before Thanksgiving.

Next year the bye week is after game 11, before the Iowa game the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

This is the last year the Big Ten's last week is before Thanksgiving.

Next year the bye week is after game 11, before the Iowa game the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

this is going to be sooooo huge when playing iowa from now on

having to play your two border rivals back to back every year has been the joke of the century

last years 55-0 was a product of laying evry single thing we had on the line for wisconsin and nothing left the next week

we will play iowa a lot tougher from here on out

this is going to be sooooo huge when playing iowa from now on

having to play your two border rivals back to back every year has been the joke of the century

last years 55-0 was a product of laying evry single thing we had on the line for wisconsin and nothing left the next week

we will play iowa a lot tougher from here on out

The bye week will rotate from year to year, so it won't always fall before we play Iowa. Example: in 2011, the bye week is actually the first week of conference play, October 1st.

The bye week will rotate from year to year, so it won't always fall before we play Iowa. Example: in 2011, the bye week is actually the first week of conference play, October 1st.

Arrrrrrrrg... bye week on the best weekend of the football season (weather, leaf color, etc.).

yep....i worded that poorly

what i meant was we will rarely have wisconsin then iowa back to back.......talk about a huge advantage for iowa

we'll have a 3-4 week bye when we wait to play in the rose bowl.

Top Bottom