No Big Ten Teams Ranked in Coaches Poll

Blah blah blah blah, Ohio State beating Michigan State and Nebraska is the reason both of them aren't ranked. Looking at the bottom 10 of that poll, there's definitely room for Michigan State, Nebraska, Michigan and Wisconsin in the top 25. OSU looks top 5-10 even though they're ineligible, PSU looks 20-30.

If the cfb media can't talk about the Big Ten sucking, how are they going to fill their 208490234 hours of inane programming until next Saturday?

Here's another poll-related question - is it possible for OSU or PSU to actually win the AP National Championship? To me, it seems like they could - without having to play in the B1G Championship or any bowl game.

Obviously not going to happen for PSU this year, but say OSU runs the table and there are no more undefeated teams (unlikely, but you never know). Do you think AP voters with give OSU the title?

Here's another poll-related question - is it possible for OSU or PSU to actually win the AP National Championship? To me, it seems like they could - without having to play in the B1G Championship or any bowl game.

Obviously not going to happen for PSU this year, but say OSU runs the table and there are no more undefeated teams (unlikely, but you never know). Do you think AP voters with give OSU the title?

They probably would just for the story

Looking at their schedule there is a decent chance OSU runs the table. They have to go on the road against PSU and WIS and beat Michigan at home but if they play like they are capable of playing they could win every game left on their schedule. Probably not enough to be AP #1 given the lack of a signature non conf win and a down BIG in general but with some other losses by top teams they could make it interesting.

I don't know this for a fact, but I believe they will allow tOSU to be #1, but they will not award them the NC, it would go to the top ranked eligible team. I believe this nearly happened a few years ago (ok more than a few but less than many?) with Clemson (?) after the Tommy Bowden era? I seem to recall they were unbeaten and climbing up the ratings and the AP made a statement that even if they ended up #1 in the last poll they would not award the NC to them.

Top Bottom