NIU Forum IS Report OC and DC Coor won't be at Bowl Game

Ducati Gopher

Reaction score
Just looking at NIU Forum to see what they are saying down their and it was reported (can't confirm it's true) that Kill's two Coordinators are coming up to here now.

Just looking at NIU Forum to see what they are saying down their and it was reported (can't confirm it's true) that Kill's two Coordinators are coming up to here now.

Heard the same thing on Rivals. Not looking good for their bowl game.

I feel sorry for the No. Illinois players. I hope they can put together some type of staff for their Bowl Game.
They're the reason Jerry Kill is here.

Actually, Horton could go down there in two weeks and have them give a good effort! LOL

We may not have hired Mangino, but we should have one of the chubbiest coaching staffs in the entire Big Ten when all is said and done. Insulation for those cold Brickhouse soirees.

I would prefer that they keep the current OC. NIU fans, from what I've read, don't like how conservative their OC is/was and it sounds an awful lot like what we were seeing early in the year when all Brewster wanted to do was predictably run over and over and over again.

I feel sorry for the No. Illinois players. I hope they can put together some type of staff for their Bowl Game.
Their the reason Jerry Kill is here.

Yep. If true, that's pretty harsh for those players. They're kind of being abandoned and left behind by their three top coaches heading into what should be a tough bowl game against a pretty decent Fresno St. team. I'm not sure why one of the coordinators couldn't or wouldn't stick around for the 11 additional days from today needed to guide the team through that bowl game, but que sera sera I guess.

I would prefer that they keep the current OC. NIU fans, from what I've read, don't like how conservative their OC is/was and it sounds an awful lot like what we were seeing early in the year when all Brewster wanted to do was predictably run over and over and over again.

Having only seen them twice (this year) and not every game as those fans presumably did, he does call a lot of running plays but they also had a ton of rushing yards and rolled up a lot of points with those running plays. Run action (both from the rb and qb) is also a big part of their passing game.

Just this weekend I was reminded of how some fans will say "why do we always run the ball?" as soon as one run goes for no gain despite the 5 successful runs preceding. Who knows if that's the case or not here or not.

I watched about 4-5 NIU games and there OC didn't even compare to Brewster's calling. When NIU plays weren't working they tried to adjust and even though they might have kept running, the personnel were showing different assignments. When the plays weren't working for Brewster we showed no commitment to change based on the D, but instead stuck to our stubborn play calling. The OC is more like Hammock's play calling than like Brewster's game plan. I'm not too worried.

There

"I feel sorry for the No. Illinois players. I hope they can put together some type of staff for their Bowl Game.
Their the reason Jerry Kill is here."

They're

That doesn't mean the guys won't coach in the bowl game though. I bet they stay and coach the game and then move on to Minnesota.

Bo Polini coached LSU in the bowl game after he was named the HEAD coach at Nebraska.

I wouldn't mind seeing Gray run over and over and over again.

Yeah, running a lot isn't necessarily a bad thing when you do it well, which of course, the Gophs didn't this year.

Look at Wisconsin. Didn't Tolzien throw like 13 total passes in their game against us?

Top Bottom