NIT Project projects MN to miss NIT

tjgopher

Reaction score
Don't know who the guy that runs this site, but apparently he has a good track record. He has Minnesota OUT of the NIT.

When is the last time we didn't even make the nit?

Yep. 2007, 2004, 2000. Those are the only 3 I can recall since 1989.

The good news is that going to the CBI might still get us to 20 wins this year.

Damned by faint praise, but I'd take it keep Tubby's streak going.

Why do you want Tubby's streak to continue? He should have to live with his streak dying just as Minnesota fans have had to live with watching this team play this year.

Im happy about this, I cant take watching another game this season. Hopefully they decline if a lesser tourney offers.

Why do you want Tubby's streak to continue? He should have to live with his streak dying just as Minnesota fans have had to live with watching this team play this year.

Because I think he's a hell of a coach, and a hell of a man. I doubt he's enjoyed this season any more than any fan that has been watching. I can choose to look for any positive momentum moving forward, or I can choose to burn the ground and pour salt on it to make sure nothing ever grows there again. I made my choice, what do you want to do?

Don't mean to knock the guys projection, but if he had Penn state, new Mexico, Alabama, USC, Missouri State, VCU, Wazzu, and Cleveland state all in the NIT.....they won't have enough teams for the NCAA.

Because I think he's a hell of a coach, and a hell of a man. I doubt he's enjoyed this season any more than any fan that has been watching. I can choose to look for any positive momentum moving forward, or I can choose to burn the ground and pour salt on it to make sure nothing ever grows there again. I made my choice, what do you want to do?

He wasn't a hell of a coach this year. I want to see Tubby win games that matter at Minnesota and get away from talking about what he did at Kentucky. I don't want to see him "rewarded" by finding a way to continue a streak in the CBI. That's no different than Ricky Davis shooting at the wrong basket and grabbing the rebound in order to record a triple double.

The Team I Saw On Thursday Afternoon

Is not going to W another game this season, whether they play or not.

i think its best for everyone to have this season just end already. the nit does nothing for this team. let it rest, heal up and start getting ready for next year. its been a long year for everyone why continue?

Is not going to W another game this season, whether they play or not.

I'm afraid you are right.

I'm sure the players are just as disappinted and frustrated as the fans. Makes you wonder if they even want to travel somewhere and play another game.

Don't mean to knock the guys projection, but if he had Penn state, new Mexico, Alabama, USC, Missouri State, VCU, Wazzu, and Cleveland state all in the NIT.....they won't have enough teams for the NCAA.

Lunardi now has seven Big ten teams in-including PSU

To our Middle-of-the-B10 Pack Brethren

Lunardi now has seven Big ten teams in-including PSU

Good luck Mchigan, Penn State, Michigan State and Illinois

Attachments

• Gopher.jpg
    Gopher.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 9

After beating North Carolina and then WVU, it is hard to imagine that this team may not even make the NIT. Absolutely unacceptable.

I can't recall where I read it, I think in the Strib--but a source close to the team said they have already received a promise from the NIT that they will get an invite.

Penn State, with their win today punched their ticket to the NCAA

Damned by faint praise, but I'd take it keep Tubby's streak going.

What is so important about a 20 win streak?

Most teams play 30+ games a year with the early tournaments, regular schedule, and conference tournaments. Winning 20 games out of 30 is 66 percent. while nice, it is nothing to get all that excited over. Look how many teams win 20 games a year now.

Besides, I would rather see a coach have some good hot years and a bad one every so often as
opposed to one who just wins 20 each year and does little else.

North Carolina is a good example. Last year they were a joke, but most other years they are right in the title hunt. Its nicer to have that bad year when you get trophy's the other years.

They don't have banners for winning 20 games.
Never have Never will

I can't recall where I read it, I think in the Strib--but a source close to the team said they have already received a promise from the NIT that they will get an invite.

That was from Sid's column FWIW.

Any post-season play, even if it's sub-NIT, should be used to give the frosh more minutes. The experience will be helpful next year.

Any post-season play, even if it's sub-NIT, should be used to give the frosh more minutes. The experience will be helpful next year.

all the "frosh" may not even be back next year. makes no difference if they get more playing time this year.

Top Bottom