NIT Is Just Fine With Me

sidefx182

Reaction score
Now I know a lot of people are going to be fired up after this game and that is understandable. But just remember, you are probably the same person that thought they were going to get smoked last night.

I really hope the Gophers get an NIT bid, and they should.

Main reason being that I want to see Andre Hollins continue to grow. Watching the last part of the season, it really made me sad thinking of what could have been if he had been healthy, and trusted to run the team, all year.

I really think Tubs has no choice but to give him the keys and say go. Andre has really become comfortable at the PG position and is probably our best scorer. He will/is a stud.

Hell, I wouldn't even care if they took a CBI invite, but I don't think they would....and I don't think they have to worry. I believe they are a lock for the NIT. I think the Illini will no longer be in because I don't see the NIT committee taking a team that has just been down right flat, and fired their coach. I believe we will slide into their projected spot.

Don't forget to join my bracket challenge!

Marcus talked to head of NIT and made it sound like we needed 2 wins to feel safe...I think the season is sadly over

Marcus talked to head of NIT and made it sound like we needed 2 wins to feel safe...I think the season is sadly over
Yeah, to be safe. Doesn't mean we're out. They're always going to be careful when answering questions like that so they don't say, "Oh yeah one win will get them in" and then turn out to be wrong.

The story was 2 wins 8 days ago. Gophs beat NE and NU, then took tri-champ Mich to OT. The gophs are in NIT, end of story.

2 wins for NIT? 2 wins in BTT and gophs are practically on the NCAA bubble.

How many teams have made the ncaa with under .500 BT record. Two or three. Next up would be 7-11. Gophs were 6-12. No way we make ncaa without winning BTT.

Top Bottom