Niece needs Wisc.Tics.

littlebigboy

Reaction score
My niece is a die hard Gopher fan that hasn't missed a gopher-badger game for yrs. She lives in Milwaukee and tried to get tickets but was told stadium is sold out. She tried thru Wisc. and had no luck. She takes alot of grief wearing Gopher gear to work the, week of the Mn. -Wi. game but doesn't phase her. BUT SHE NEEDS HELP ON TICKETS.

Either give her one of your tickets or tell her to start saving her $ and buy from a scalper/ebay/stubhub etc.

well, you can tell her that i said "good luck"! sorry, but i have no extra tickets to sell. me and my maroon & gold friends will be using them all.

Either give her one of your tickets or tell her to start saving her $ and buy from a scalper/ebay/stubhub etc.

Sadly, these are probably your best options. You may stumble upon someone on here who has a ticket available, but I imagine anyone that's going to part with a ticket will be charging top dollar, as that's what the market for tickets is already dictating.

Does she know any Wisky season ticket holders? Single Badger away game ticket requests must be received by June 26at the UW ticket office. Good luck!

Does she know any Wisky season ticket holders? Single Badger away game ticket requests must be received by June 26at the UW ticket office. Good luck!

then she will have to know some pretty big hitters in regards to becky season ticket holders. i have seen posted elsewhere on a becky board that the amount of becky points/donation required to receive away game tickets through the UW ticket office to this year's gopher-becky game is very, very, very high.

from the way the becky fans (who were all shut out on tickets they had tried to request through the UW ticket office) were talking it sounded like only those with the level of highest points (i.e. the biggest donaters) are going to be able to procure face-value tickets through the UW ticket office. any others who want to attend will have to pay the going market price which appears to be very, very high.

of course i think this is all great news! :)

What ever happened to those "obstructed view" (obstructed by the railing) single seats in the second rows and the ninth rows. did they sell them or are they going to offer them at a latter date? She might want to inquire about those.

tix

I have two I will sell to the highest bidder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait, no I don't. I would rather rip two tickets in half than sell them to a becky.:clap::clap:

If I had extra tickets, I would try to GIVE them to some youngsters that would enjoy seeing the Gophers play.

Sorry but not one of these posts seems to be pulling my heart strings. REAL GOPHER FANS have ways to find tickets or ensure they have season tickets.

Sorry but not one of these posts seems to be pulling my heart strings. REAL GOPHER FANS have ways to find tickets or ensure they have season tickets.

Dude, no offense but that's just dumb. Milwaukee isn't halfway across the world, but if she lives on a budget like most folks then she likely doesn't have money to A) buy season tickets she can't use or B) pay 5x over face value. This means she's SOL but it has nothing to do with whether or not she is a "real" Gopher fan. Anyone who wears their UM gear loud and proud in my neck of the woods gets my respect as a real Gopher fan.

My niece is a die hard Gopher fan that hasn't missed a gopher-badger game for yrs. She lives in Milwaukee and tried to get tickets but was told stadium is sold out. She tried thru Wisc. and had no luck. She takes alot of grief wearing Gopher gear to work the, week of the Mn. -Wi. game but doesn't phase her. BUT SHE NEEDS HELP ON TICKETS.

I have to mention how satisfying it is to see posts like this. After staring at all those f***ing blue seats for so many years. Good luck to her though.

My group of friends grabbed two seats per person, planning for the future and ensuring we can get friends and other Gopher fans into the games. I am fairly certain we will find friends to fill the seats at Badger game, but maybe we will not. We probably would not offer them up until the game gets close, perhaps a week or two beforehand. Check back with me around that time. Our seat locations are 218, Row 19 1-8, and Row 18 3-6.

Is she cute and can she talk football? I can always give GopherRock the old ether treatment and snatch his tickets for a change in pace which may well be needed by that point in the season ;)

What ever happened to those "obstructed view" (obstructed by the railing) single seats in the second rows and the ninth rows. did they sell them or are they going to offer them at a latter date? She might want to inquire about those.

ATTF and I rambled in to the ticket shop just yester afternoon and inquired on this very subject as we sit adjacent to one such seat and let us just say it seems that they have nary a clue as to what to do with that situation. They are not currently being offered to wait-listers and were not offered to us at the time of season ticket renewals/purchase, but there is also a reluctance to withhold them all together.

Certainly I plan on hounding the office until that matter is decided as I would much rather split with the group than sit with some rando each game. And if I lay my hands on them mayhaps I won't have to gas ol' Paul:rolleyes:

I have two I will sell to the highest bidder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait, no I don't. I would rather rip two tickets in half than sell them to a becky.:clap::clap:

I think Gopher fans should NEVER sell tickets for Wisconsin or Iowa games. Give them away to kids wearing Maroon and Gold on game day...

The sad part is there are plenty of season ticket holders who are very willing to sell their tickets to becky and herky. It has happened every year around my seats (all season ticket holders) in the dome and to some degree, I bet it will continue at TCF. Some people just can't pass up the top dollar they get for selling out on those dates.

I gotta be honest here...I've thought about selling tickets for this year's wisconsin game. The problem comes down to this: It's the first BigTen game in the new stadium. If it wasn't for that I'd seriously consider it. I know people here would probably hate me for it, but in all honestly...if one game could pay for my season tickets it'd be worth it to me. But like I said...it's the BigTen opener in the new stadium so I just can't do it, and let's also be honest here...the demand and prices won't be there in 2 years when then come here again.

I know people here would probably hate me for it, but in all honestly...if one game could pay for my season tickets it'd be worth it to me.

I wouldn't worry about the people here, on this message board, hating you. We're not the people who you're going to have to sit around all year this year and possibly for years to come. I'd be much more concerned about the "hate" that might come from these folks.

I gotta be honest here...I've thought about selling tickets for this year's wisconsin game. The problem comes down to this: It's the first BigTen game in the new stadium. If it wasn't for that I'd seriously consider it. I know people here would probably hate me for it, but in all honestly...if one game could pay for my season tickets it'd be worth it to me. But like I said...it's the BigTen opener in the new stadium so I just can't do it, and let's also be honest here...the demand and prices won't be there in 2 years when then come here again.

Why do you even bother getting season tickets then? Just to skip the game against our biggest rival? :confused: I don't understand some fans.

Why is it that ardent Gopher fans only need tickets to go to the Badgers game?

If the Gophers are the reason your niece is going, then just get tickets to another game.

Wait Till Week of Game

Gophs will likely be 2-5 in B10 and there will be tons of tickets for near face value. Silly to even think about it now.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The poor Gophers are destined to be 2-5 in the Big 10 before they even play their first conference game. Maybe Les is referring to a Badger/Gopher volleyball match.

Why do you even bother getting season tickets then? Just to skip the game against our biggest rival? :confused: I don't understand some fans.

Maybe because he wants to see the other 6 games the gophers play at home. I might be missing the WI game. I should probably throw away the rest of my tickets.

Why is it that ardent Gopher fans only need tickets to go to the Badgers game?

If the Gophers are the reason your niece is going, then just get tickets to another game.

First off, it sounds like she has a Border Battle attendance streak she wants to maintain. 2nd, maybe this is the only weekend she can go. If you could only make 1 game @ TCF this would have to be at the top of the list below the opener against Air Force.

I know people are all touchy about Wisky fans getting tickets and some Gopher fans being so quick to part with their seats but I don't see why wanting to attend this game makes her a poser.

Looks like they are available on StubHub starting at $160/ticket. Have her buy one there - I was actually surprised it was that low. If she can afford to drive to town for the game she can afford the $100 premium over face value.

And if I lay my hands on them mayhaps I won't have to gas ol' GopherRock :rolleyes:

Gasmask.jpg

Section 231: That Guy's Chili Got A Little Too Hot

Top Bottom