Nick Saban suspends player and takes a giant dump on the Alabama Basketball coach

Anyone notice the cars/SUV's these guys are driving at Georgia and Alabama during all of the "incidents"???? SMH

In the Georgia example staff member was there and died too.

This wasn’t just one player making a bad choice or a random tragedy. In the Georgia situation a staff member was there to make bad choices with the player.

Many people in charge make bad decisions. If a teacher harms a student—is it the principals fault? You’re still implying kids that go to Georgia will die.

It's not unprecedented for a coach in one sport to have a beef with a coach from a different sport at the same school.

back in the mid-70's, I got to know Herb Brooks a little bit while I was doing work-study at the Augsburg Ice Arena. (Gophers would practice at Auggie until the ice went in at the old rink in Williams Arena - the area that is now the Pavilion). Brooks went on this rant one day about all of the issues with the Gopher men's basketball program under Musselman - saying that it brought the wrong kind of attention to the school and might make the NCAA scrutinize other programs. I think the phrase was "it puts us all under the microscope."
I don't know if Herb ever expressed those ideas to Muss or anyone from the hoops program, but he got pretty worked up over it.
Brooks certainly did not want anyone looking into the academic behaviors of his own players.

Saban is correct. But would he make the same decision during the season if it’s most important player? Easy to suspend someone in March.
If it were playoff season or the final push, it would turn into: " We're gathering all the facts and until there is clarification, he will continue to participate in all team activities."

It's not unprecedented for a coach in one sport to have a beef with a coach from a different sport at the same school.

back in the mid-70's, I got to know Herb Brooks a little bit while I was doing work-study at the Augsburg Ice Arena. (Gophers would practice at Auggie until the ice went in at the old rink in Williams Arena - the area that is now the Pavilion). Brooks went on this rant one day about all of the issues with the Gopher men's basketball program under Musselman - saying that it brought the wrong kind of attention to the school and might make the NCAA scrutinize other programs. I think the phrase was "it puts us all under the microscope."
I don't know if Herb ever expressed those ideas to Muss or anyone from the hoops program, but he got pretty worked up over it.
Didn't ever put it together that they were coaching at the same time. Would be fascinated to hear other stories about their interactions.

Didn't ever put it together that they were coaching at the same time. Would be fascinated to hear other stories about their interactions.
Two very strong personalities.

What a novel concept...holding people accountable. What next?

It’s not like Saban has turned all his players into eagle scouts. Plaxico Burress and Henry Ruggs off the top of my head for example. Saban sounds like such a hypocrite basically every time I hear him griping about other coaches and programs, which he seems to do often.

It’s not like Saban has turned all his players into eagle scouts. Plaxico Burress and Henry Ruggs off the top of my head for example. Saban sounds like such a hypocrite basically every time I hear him griping about other coaches and programs, which he seems to do often.
Certainly.

I’ll still give him a high five on this one.

Top Bottom