Nick Rallis

Frod0

Reaction score
I talked with him a bit about his current status and he doesn't have a scholly. This is obviously a sour subject for him so I didn't push it but he didn't seem mad at Kill so I'd say its not over but as of today he is not committed.

Thanks for the update Frod. Shame, hopefully he gets the offer.

This seems like a strange situation to me. Hometown kid, brother on the team, looks like a good talent, seems like he wants to be a Gopher. Why doesn't he have an offer yet? I understand Coach Kill wants to do his own in-person evaluations at camps and such but did those other guys who have already committed for '12 get offers after a camp too? I cant remember if they did or not but I don't think so. Anyone have more insight on this?

What is his academics like? I don't want to speculate.

This seems like a strange situation to me. Hometown kid, brother on the team, looks like a good talent, seems like he wants to be a Gopher. Why doesn't he have an offer yet? I understand Coach Kill wants to do his own in-person evaluations at camps and such but did those other guys who have already committed for '12 get offers after a camp too? I cant remember if they did or not but I don't think so. Anyone have more insight on this?

I believe all of the current commits were offered after the Junior day a few months back. I could be wrong but from what i've gathered it seems that with the local guys, Kill wants to evaulate/meet them in person and/or check out their grades and ACT score.

Health Issue

It's chronic hemorrhoids, and Kill isn't sure he wants to take the chance offering a kid with a chronically sore ass.

He said the staff wanted him to go to camp and earn it or something along those lines. I think the staff is just being thorough and based on the video I have no doubt he'll get it.

they want to see him play LB, all his film so far is as a safety. Whether they see enough at camp to offer is still in doubt, it may take some game film in the fall.

Not so odd to me. He looked like a classic tweener. Maybe not fast enough for DB, maybe not big enough for LB

Was he offered by the Brewster coaching staff? If so, how is pulling his offer different than pulling the offers of kids who signed during this last signing period? I know the staff encouraged prior Brewster offers to look at other options, but if they pulled this offer or told him to earn it would seem to go against the notion of honoring previous staff's offers for good will. Maybe it is different if the kid isn't signing that period, but it could foster a lot of ill will.

Difference between honoring the commitments of kids last year. Kill was hired when, December I think? That's about 2 months before signing day and most of the guys that committed would've had to scramble to find a new school. Some of them may have had to scramble to set up visits, let coaches know they're interested again, etc. Some of those kids would've really been screwed by having to pick a new school since maybe some of the schools that offered before would've filled up that spot and were no longer interested.

With Rallis, he's still a junior, just starting to collect offers. Big difference there.

If Rallis were receiving offers from other BCS schools I would be pissed; but he hasn't received one other offer (I don't believe, maybe we just don't know about it), so I can't fault Kill much here. I think he is a BCS type player, but I think Kill needs to see it in person. Like JG said, if he is bringing him in to play a position he doesn't have tape of him at he will want to see him in person, much like Heibert from Osseo.

Kill clearly does not understand the damage it will do to his in state recruiting by having Minnesota players earn offers at camp. Could be an impending disaster.

Kill clearly does not understand the damage it will do to his in state recruiting by having Minnesota players earn offers at camp. Could be an impending disaster.

Well I'm just glad that we have you here to warn us about this catastrophe that is about to ensue.

Disaster? Really?

On a side note, could you imagine how miserable your life would have to be to sign up for a Badger football message board, pretend to talk football but just to troll and play chicken little? I hope whatever little bit of attention you are getting from your trolling is helping you get out of bed each day.

I don't know about anyone else, but I took this comment and filed it under the "sarcasm file"'

I don't know about anyone else, but I took this comment and filed it under the "sarcasm file"'

It is kinda funny since many totally ripped BB a couple years ago for doing the exact same thing

It is kinda funny since many totally ripped BB a couple years ago for doing the exact same thing

Yes, and I will rip Kill if he is still doing it in his 4th or 5th year here as well. Rallis may be a special case since he is a HS DB and will most likely play LB in college, and thus the footage to evaluate is lacking. But for kids who are already playing at their college positions in HS, if a coach can't look at tape and determine from that whether the kid is worthy of an offer, what is he going to learn when the kid is in front of him? I think it speaks to the ability to evaluate talent if you have to have someone in front of you in order to evaluate them properly.

Of course, there is another possibility that people aren't discussing - the fact that Kill has been the coach here for about 5 months, and he's been so busy with getting to know his 2011 signees, and subsequently his current roster, that he hasn't had much time to look at 2012 recruits on tape and would rather evaluate them in person. This is in contrast to Enema, who has been a coach at Wisconsin since 2004, and could theoretically have been evaluating the current seniors in the state of Wisconsin since they were in 4th grade. If he has that much tape to evaluate and can't decide whether to offer based on that...well, it's already been said. Of course, Burnt can get away with it because kids raised in Wisconsin have school pride pounded into them from birth. Kill won't be able to get away with it here, as most kids don't feel that same allegiance to the U.

Yes, and I will rip Kill if he is still doing it in his 4th or 5th year here as well. Rallis may be a special case since he is a HS DB and will most likely play LB in college, and thus the footage to evaluate is lacking. But for kids who are already playing at their college positions in HS, if a coach can't look at tape and determine from that whether the kid is worthy of an offer, what is he going to learn when the kid is in front of him? I think it speaks to the ability to evaluate talent if you have to have someone in front of you in order to evaluate them properly.

Of course, there is another possibility that people aren't discussing - the fact that Kill has been the coach here for about 5 months, and he's been so busy with getting to know his 2011 signees, and subsequently his current roster, that he hasn't had much time to look at 2012 recruits on tape and would rather evaluate them in person. This is in contrast to Enema, who has been a coach at Wisconsin since 2004, and could theoretically have been evaluating the current seniors in the state of Wisconsin since they were in 4th grade. If he has that much tape to evaluate and can't decide whether to offer based on that...well, it's already been said. Of course, Burnt can get away with it because kids raised in Wisconsin have school pride pounded into them from birth. Kill won't be able to get away with it here, as most kids don't feel that same allegiance to the U.

This is disgusting (I had to grow up in WI)

Top Bottom