Nick Hart on Playing at U: It has kind of been my dream ever since I was a little kid

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Nick Hart on Playing at U: It has kind of been my dream ever since I was a little kid
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/218788?referrer_id=388419

Nick Hart, a 6-foot-5, 210-pound tight end from Prior Lake, committed to Minnesota as a preferred walk-on. Gopher Hole caught up with Hart to learn more about his decision.

Hart helped lead the Lakers to a 9-2 mark, losing to Lakeville North 23-3 in the Class 6A quarterfinals. He caught 17 passes for 376 yards and three touchdowns this past season.

Hart comes from an athletic family. His great uncle, Chuck Swanum, played football at Minnesota and his mother and father were former Golden Gopher athletes.

Gopher Hole: What was the main reason that Minnesota was where you decided that you want to be?

Nick Hart: I have grown up a Gopher fan. It has kind of been my dream ever since I was a little kid. My dad played there. I just kind of want to carry on the legacy. I loved it there.

Gopher Hole: At Prior Lake, unfortunately, you don’t pass the ball that much and rely on a strong running game that maybe did not give you a chance to showcase your skills as a receiver. Was that a bit frustrating at times?

Nick Hart: At times, it is, but I am just out there to do whatever it takes to win.

Gopher Hole: What other schools were you down to when you made the decision to commit to Minnesota?

Nick Hart: I was down to three. It was the U of M, the University of Minnesota-Duluth and the University of North Dakota. UMD has offered and I was going to take my official visit to UND and they were going to (offer).

Gopher Hole: What did you like about your visit to Minnesota two weeks ago?

Nick Hart: They did a great job with it. All the coaches and staff were excellent. The facilities are top of the line and I just had a fun time.

Gopher Hole: Did you have a chance to go to many college football games this past year?

Nick Hart: I did. I went to three of the Minnesota games and I also went to a South Dakota State game and a St. Cloud State game early on.

Gopher Hole: What camps did you go to last summer?

Nick Hart: I went to the U of M and I also went to Duluth and North Dakota.

Top Bottom