Nick Davidson breaks leg

paulser21

Reaction score
Davidson broke his leg today according to the star tribune.

• All-state Eden Prairie tackle Nick Davidson, one of the top nationally recruited players in the state and son of Vikings offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, suffered a serious injury when he broke his leg in the Class 5A quarterfinal game against Anoka and needed surgery.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/134091564.html

Nobody will want him now, he should just go to Minnesota.

Davidson broke his leg today according to the star tribune.

• All-state Eden Prairie tackle Nick Davidson, one of the top nationally recruited players in the state and son of Vikings offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, suffered a serious injury when he broke his leg in the Class 5A quarterfinal game against Anoka and needed surgery.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/134091564.html

Technically it was last weekend.......

Yeah, i've heard it was pretty bad as well. It always stinks to see that happen to any kid. I hope his offers don't completely dry up either.

That really sucks for him. Anyone know where he is leaning?

If he was seriously considering Minnesota as a choice this could certainly push him towards going with the home town school because I am sure some schools will back off of him until they have a feel for how the injury is going to affect him long term.

That being said if you figure a guy is probably going to need to redshirt anyway then an injury like this might not prove to be a major concern. Especially if you believe in the guys talent.

Yeah, i've heard it was pretty bad as well. It always stinks to see that happen to any kid. I hope his offers don't completely dry up either.

+1. I don't care where he ends up playing. I hope for his full recovery.

I think Davidson is talented enough that this injury will not impact his ability to gain a scholarship. From everything that I have hears, he eliminated MN a long time ago. I still think he ends up at Ohio State.

It's worth noting that his dad is also a NFL position coach and played for a few years in the NFL, so I'm sure they would be able to pay for a grayshirt year or whatever to a school Nick really likes.

It will definately be interesting to see how this effects his recruiting. Ohio State already has a couple of OL commitments and are pretty high on another instate kid and a 4 star out of Colorado.

I think Davidson is talented enough that this injury will not impact his ability to gain a scholarship. From everything that I have hears, he eliminated MN a long time ago. I still think he ends up at Ohio State.

It sounded like he was a Stanford lean before he even got hurt. I think it will be tough for him to get a scholarship from one of the big time programs like tOSU. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be able to come back from this injury, but schools like tOSU don't have to gamble on talent. They will recruit a 2-4 guys like Davidson every year.

I hope it has no impact on where he wants to go, but I don't think the big time programs will be sniffing around much anymore, because they constantly land guys as heavily recruited as Davidson without the injury concerns.

I hope it has no impact on where he wants to go, but I don't think the big time programs will be sniffing around much anymore, because they constantly land guys as heavily recruited as Davidson without the injury concerns.

dumb.jpg

First, I hope for his full recovery as well, regardless of what school he is considering.

As for the recruiting, I think the schools like OS who are in pretty good shape with recruits may fade from the scene unless he is willing to gray shirt and show full recovery. Out of respect for his already displayed talent and his dad, they may still sign him up, but who knows. Schools like MN need to take a chance on his recovery and stay in the game.

Top Bottom