Nice Props Given By Rajon Rondo To Tubby

Blizzard

Reaction score
I caught this in one of the pissing contests on a Kentucky board this morning and a great compliment to Tubby ..

Rondo then accepted another scholarship to the University of Kentucky, where he played for Tubby Smith. “I was at Kentucky for two years and had a good time--the best experience of my life playing for coach Smith,” Rondo said. “He was a great coach and I’m in the NBA now.”

To have a potential All Star say that about his coach is great. Tubby should laminate that and pass it out when he's recruiting. :)

Blizzard, do you happen to have the link to that story? I would like to read it.

I hope to watch the Gophers beat the Hawkeyes tomorrow night. Seen quite a few games this year and Tubby has them looking pretty good.

Thanks. Good article. There were always rumbling here in KY that Rondo and Tubby didn't see eye to eye, so it's good to see him say that. I definitely think Tubby's emphasis on defense helped Rondo immensely...along with Rondo's freakish talent.

Thanks, again for the link. I got it saved and ready to go when the "pissing" matches start again. lol

Thanks. Good article. There were always rumbling here in KY that Rondo and Tubby didn't see eye to eye, so it's good to see him say that. I definitely think Tubby's emphasis on defense helped Rondo immensely...along with Rondo's freakish talent.

Thanks, again for the link. I got it saved and ready to go when the "pissing" matches start again. lol

They didn't (always) agree on everything but I think Rondo realized Tubby knew what he was doing.

i remember arguing with tubby haters on the catspause board in 06 that said rondo wasn't good enough to go pro, you take that and how they treated tubby, i had to bail. look at tubby and rondo now

Butttttttt!!!!!!!!!! KY fans know more than anyone. NOT!!!!!!!!

I remember when the Celtics came to town in KG's first game back Tubby talked a little bit about what went on between he and Rondo and said it was overblown by the media and fans. Not a surprise. Good to see that confirmed with Rondo's comments.

Top Bottom