Nice Article on Cedric McKinley

I am really hoping that McKinley rises to the occasion. He was very much (over-)hyped by Brewster during last year's media day and the 08 signing day as a Julius Peppers type player and frankly now we need him to become that hyped player, to contain the run and pressure the quarterback.

We need a breakout year from McKinley ala Karon Riley and Greg White. The young man looks in top physical condition after viewing the day one video. I think that McKinley will be handle the one DE spot very wel.

I love having two 300+ lb DTs along with two 280lb+ DEs. I used to be jealous of the lines of teams like OSU and Michigan because of their size but not this year. Honestly I think we'll finally have the size to be very stout against the run. WVD was great but he was only about 250 and DO is around 260 I think. Having Jacobs and Ceddie Mac in there should make it much tougher for teams to run off tackle on us. As for Mac I think we'll have to see where his technique is. WVD was so good because he was great using his hands (which was why he sucked as a junior). Unless you just have elite quickness or strength it is hard to get to the QB consistently without excellent technique and Mac had none last year. I don't have high hopes for him but he has a lot of potential. 6'5" 285 is great size for even an NFL DE. He was raw but hopefully he can start playing like an NFL DE too

I love having two 300+ lb DTs along with two 280lb+ DEs. I used to be jealous of the lines of teams like OSU and Michigan because of their size but not this year. Honestly I think we'll finally have the size to be very stout against the run.

There was an older gentleman in the student section a few years ago sitting behind me. He made a comment that Eden Prairie's line was bigger than the Gophers line. That made me laugh and cry a bit at the same time. Nice that it isn't a problem anymore.

Top Bottom