Nice Article (By TDG Website) On Nolen And Hoffarber

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2011/...s-seniors-playing-their-last-game-at-the-barn Great read.

Nolen's value to the team is starkly presented. Hoffarber's growth as a player is evidenced.

Through his first two seasons he was on pace to be the Gopher career leader (or really close to) in steals and assists. But injuries and academic suspension became limiting factors for Al in his junior and senior seasons. After playing in all 66 games during his first two seasons he missed 17 games as a junior and coming into the Penn State game he has missed 15 games as a senior. Put those together and Nolen has missed an entire season, yet still ranks 3rd all time in assists and 2nd in steals. But perhaps the most telling stat is the Gopher's rate of success with Nolen. Over the last two seasons the Gophers have had a 23-8 (.742) record with Nolen in the lineup and 15-17 without (.469). Granted, Nolen has primarily missed Big Ten games, which skews the stats but even in just Big Ten games the Gophers are 7-6 with him and 7-15 without.

Nolen will be missed. Defensively he was one of the best on-the-ball defenders I've seen. He harassed opposing guards from baseline to baseline and his career steals numbers are statistical proof of his defensive prowess. Even while essentially losing a full season he is just 10 steals shy of being the Gopher all-time leader. Offensively he is the one guy on the roster who can penetrate to the lane drawing defenders and he excelled at pushing the ball in transition finding open shooters or getting to the rim for two.

You aren't serious. You want to count the MI win this season a game Al won? He played 11 mins and hadn't done a thing.

As far as the Big Ten record, last season we were 3-3 with Al and 9-7 without him. Overall Al Nolen has a LOSING Big Ten record. As does Tubby.

Stop with the excuses. It is unbecoming.

You aren't serious. You want to count the MI win this season a game Al won? He played 11 mins and hadn't done a thing.

As far as the Big Ten record, last season we were 3-3 with Al and 9-7 without him. Overall Al Nolen has a LOSING Big Ten record. As does Tubby.

Pretty sure that was clipped from the article ... (Hence the italics)

as a sophomore 79% of his shots were three-pointers. As a junior it dropped to 76% and this year it is about 64%. Much of that is because he spent the last 15 games playing point guard instead of his natural shooting guard position.

I think the numbers show that his 3FGA/FGA rate has actually been consistent (i.e., 63-64% for both the pre and post-Nolen surgery games). That said, I'd "credit" Blake more than just the position.

Clipped from the article, moron.

Top Bottom