NFL lockout question

1gophergnu

Reaction score
Do the posters here feel the NFL lockout, if it happens, will have an affect on ther possibly being an increase in Gopher fans?

Not really. I could see maybe a slightly higher demand for tickets next year, but with Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska and NDSU coming to town that would have happened anyway. Not sure a die hard pro fan is going to make an extra trip to see Illinois, Miami (OH) or NMSU.

I disagree. I do not think the majority of Vikings fans will become Gopher fans, but we would grab a couple demographics:
1.) The Viking and Gopher fan, who happens to prefers professional football.
2.) The overall football fan, as college football will be the highest level of football in town.

I do not think it will cause a mass influx of people, but I can only see it helping in the short-term. The effects of not having a pro football team permanently are more ambiguous, in my mind. The law of unintended consequences could rear its head.

I don't think there is a ton of overlap in the season ticket bases of both teams, but I think a slight increase would be natural.

We'll see what happens after the Vikings leave town in 2012.

I predict the SEC will play games on Sunday @ 12 and 3.

There are a few things God intended to happen when he created the world when it comes to college football.

1) The Rose Bowl shall be played on the afternoon of New Year's Day, in the Rose Bowl
2) SEC player's that goes to the NFL take a pay cut
3) The Miami Hurricanes run a crime ring on the side
4) Big time college football shall be played on Saturday.

It's just the way CFB should be played, changing it would be wrong. The NFL plays on Sunday because CFB plays on Saturday not the other way around.

4) Big time college football shall be played on Saturday.

It's just the way CFB should be played, changing it would be wrong. The NFL plays on Sunday because CFB plays on Saturday not the other way around.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Forget all this Sunday talk. Football was invented at the college level and it is meant to be played on Saturdays. The NFL went the Sunday route because they didn't want to compete with college.

Top Bottom