NFL draft

Reaction score
A team drafted a guy who did not even work out at the "combine" because of assault charges and a the release of a video of him punching a woman who was on the ground. Is this true? If so, what does this say about the greed and disregard for even the lowest of standards?

A team drafted a guy who did not even work out at the "combine" because of assault charges and a the release of a video of him punching a woman who was on the ground. Is this true? If so, what does this say about the greed and disregard for even the lowest of standards?

I was sort of half paying attention, but the woman was fighting with his sister, or attacked his sister or something? I'm not saying it's good, but I don't think it was a domestic and I thought it was a couple years ago not recent. Could be totally wrong on this.

I thought it was when he was in highschool, so like a long time ago and he didn't have any issues while in college.

Jeffrey Simmons is his name. It happed while he was in HS in 2016. It was his sister and another lady going at it. He came in to break it up and then punched the other woman multiple times. Supposedly there was something ongoing with this woman and his family. He was found guilty of malicious mischief and pleaded no contest to a simple assault charge. Word is he has done everything right since then.

This shouldn’t be controversial. HS incident as described above, and he was fine in college as bass said.

The bigger controversy of the NFL draft was the giants and who they chose at QB. I know bashing the giants on all the sports shows the popular thing today but I was thinking the same thing all evening. "They chose who?".

And then Haskins, seriously dude I know you aren't happy but you still just got drafted in the first round at least crack a smile and pretend for 5 mins.

The bigger controversy of the NFL draft was the giants and who they chose at QB. I know bashing the giants on all the sports shows the popular thing today but I was thinking the same thing all evening. "They chose who?".

And then Haskins, seriously dude I know you aren't happy but you still just got drafted in the first round at least crack a smile and pretend for 5 mins.

I think the Giants pick was fine, just not where they took him. There was a good chance he would have been there when they drafted again in the first round.

I think the Giants pick was fine, just not where they took him. There was a good chance he would have been there when they drafted again in the first round.

That guy would have been there in the 2nd round, hell maybe even 3rd round. Taking him 6th over all seems insanely dumb. I guess he could turn out to be a star and make me eat crow but I"m feeling pretty comfortable about my statement.

Top Bottom