NFL draft sleepers on ESPN+

Harrymannback77

Reaction score
I don't know if their are rules on here in regards to linking articles behind a subscription? But ESPN+ had an article on top sleepers in the draft and the Gophers were well represented, along with Washington and Oregon. Tyler Nubin was quoted by another Big Ten Coach as "a f*&^ing star" to whomever lands him. They had Brevyn Spann Ford and former Gopher Bucky Irving on the list also.

To me, guys like this along with the other recent draftees who have turned into excellent players at the next level show that the staff does a great job of developing players, especially on defense(secondary) and offensive line.

if Nubin drops into the 2nd or 3rd round, I'd love to see the Vikings figure out a way to land him.

I think Nubin got a bad rap at times last season because IMHO he was trying to cover for some other DB's who were missing assignments or just getting beat physically.

Anyone heard much on BSF? I know he didn’t have a great 2023 but he was on many top 5 TE lists in preseason and he’s got great size and decent speed for his size.

He seems like someone who might make a better pro than college player

Anyone heard much on BSF? I know he didn’t have a great 2023 but he was on many top 5 TE lists in preseason and he’s got great size and decent speed for his size.

He seems like someone who might make a better pro than college player
He doesn't block well enough to be a starting NFL TE. Hope he makes a roster

A pretty reliable method for finding sleepers is finding guys with plenty of college experience and games played, but they may not have the statistical production due to poor QB play, or didn't receive enough media coverage due to their team’s win/loss record. I think this past year’s Gopher team fits that bill and I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple sleepers. I like this thread.

I think Nubin is a Day 2 guy. He's a really good football player, but I think he's behind a couple of the other safety prospects in terms of raw athleticism. The pros have gone big on the Relative Athletic Score metric and that stresses projection over performance. Physicality is extremely important, but so is running in the right direction. So, for Nubin, I think it's going to depend on how the draft falls. He's one of the top three safeties so that could easily put him in the second round, but if the guys ahead of him on the prospect sheets fall a bit, I think he could end up in the third. Of course, what do I know? I've never been paid to scout for a professional football team and I don't have access to any of their draft data. I do think Nubin will be a very solid pro. Maybe not spectacular, but reliable and productive.

Not sure on Spann-Ford. Interesting set of tools that never quite came together all at once. Could be a Day 3 guy, but if not, certainly a priority free agent for someone. The difference between Spann-Ford and Ko Kieft is that Kieft had one off-the-charts tool with his blocking and I remember when some of us thought he'd be drafted only to be met with ridicule. No one here (me included) know what each pro team values so we're all just throwing stuff at the wall.

I think Irving has a decent shot to be an important contributor for a pro team. He reminds me a bit of Aaron Jones. I thought Irving would run better, but for being on the small side, he does have some power-running ability and he's a reliable pass-catcher.

I haven't searched out many mocks yet... But I've seen nubin as the first safety off the board in just about every one...

As fast as bsf goes, he will be drafted but I'm guessing not till much later day 3

Top Bottom