NFL 2022 mock draft update thread:

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0

New Orleans 2020
Reaction score
Kiper and McShay have their early mock drafts out. Kiper posted a top 25 and McShay has a top 32 prospect list. Faalele broke into Kiper's list at 22, no Gophers in McShay's list.

Kiper: Faalele has an absolutely massive frame at 6-foot-9, 380 pounds. He started 19 games at right tackle for Minnesota from 2018-19 before opting out of last season, and he's impressed yet again this year.

I’ve only been able to watch about 6 quarters on TV this year. Has Faalele been 1st round worthy or is this just a pick based on potential?

I’ve only been able to watch about 6 quarters on TV this year. Has Faalele been 1st round worthy or is this just a pick based on potential?
He is dominant when he is good. When he isn't he isn't 1st round worthy. But if he refined some things, he is an anchor on a line

He is dominant when he is good. When he isn't he isn't 1st round worthy. But if he refined some things, he is an anchor on a line
He just doesn't seem to care about football as much as the next guy. He's like Shawn Bradley.

He just doesn't seem to care about football as much as the next guy. He's like Shawn Bradley.
Shawn Bradley is a weird deal. Took two years off from basketball, then went pro. He goes to college for a couple years and plays his career is different.

Bradley also made $70 mil and had a nicer career than I remembered.

He is paralyzed now. Bike accident.

Shawn Bradley is a weird deal. Took two years off from basketball, then went pro. He goes to college for a couple years and plays his career is different.

Bradley also made $70 mil and had a nicer career than I remembered.

He is paralyzed now. Bike accident.
I didn't know about his current situation. Just brought him up as someone who was talented and physically gifted but whose heart was dedicated to the sport (nothing wrong with that)

Keep those homegrown talent developing into Blake Cashmans and Boye Mafes.

Mafe and Fa'alele going in the first two rounds is a strong possibility.

Last edited:

Chad Reuter of NFL.Com:

Boye Mafe - #65, JAX
Dan Faalele - #71 CHI

Would be pretty disappointed if they both drop to round 3!
Gotta disagree with you on this one. If they both go in the top 3 rounds of the NFL draft that is a massive accomplishment because neither of them is truly a high level NFL prospect based on how they have played and both are moving up boards because of what they might become not what they already are.

Don't get me wrong, both are very good players and NFL worthy but neither is a finished product. Faalele gets the attention he gets due to his size and Mafe gets the attention he gets due to freak athletic ability. In the right systems they could both develop into NFL stars.

I hope they both go as high as possible, 1st round for either would be awesome, but as long as they are off the board by the end of day 2, than in my mind that is a win and great for the program.

Crazy just how wide a range there is in terms of projections on where Faalele and Mafe will get drafted. The positive is that it is seeming more and more likely they will both get picked before the end of round 2 and there is the outside potential that one or both could end up in round 1.

This PFF mock should make many of the Holers happy!

Mafe - #48, MIN

Now we're talking. The Vikings don't need and won't draft Faalele, but Mafe, Andries, and Otomewo would all be excellent fits for the purple.

Draftwire latest three round mock:

Mafe - #29, MIA
Faalele - #63, CIN

On Mafe:
There are pressing needs on offense, but it’s hard to pass up high-upside edge rushers with the kind of athleticism that Mafe brings to the table. His dominant performance during Senior Bowl week backed up impressive film, making Mafe a potential bargain at this point in the first round.

I’m honestly curious as to where Mafe and Faalele land. No guarantees but seems likely? They are in the first two rounds. Both physical freaks.

I’m honestly curious as to where Mafe and Faalele land. No guarantees but seems likely? They are in the first two rounds. Both physical freaks.
A month ago I thought it was pretty much a guarantee Faalele would be the first Gopher selected. Now I think it will probably be Mafe.

This PFF mock should make many of the Holers happy!

Mafe - #48, MIN

Correction on the Vikings 2nd round selection is 44 instead of 48!

Top Bottom