Next year's starters

Disagree on Oto

X2 Oto can't play in the Big Ten. Can't shoot,rebound,defend or handle. Other than that he's great. Some might think that's dumb but if I had to bet I would say he transfers because he's told to.

Oto would be one of the worst starting 4's in the league next year. If we don't get a juco or a bigtime freshmen comming in. But is not his fault. I think he is a quality bench guy. He is a very good distributer on pick and rolls. He has trouble covering the 3 point line as he seems to play better closer to the rim. He is an above average defensive rebounder. Currently his outside shot is atrocious. The scouting on him being a shooter is wrong. When he stays inside he is ok. He is averaging .8 ass to .5 to per game, pretty good for a guy mostly playing the 4 with a second unit. Again a good ball handler if he is at the 4. Maybe less than average at the 3 as lots of 3 guard linups nowadays.

That being said I hope Buggs can get his weight to 210 so he can play a majority of minutes at the 4, if we don't bring in anyone who can play right away. He seemed to have a decent outside shot, which is a must if we have coleman at the 3, who doesnt have one.

Oto would be one of the worst starting 4's in the league next year. If we don't get a juco or a bigtime freshmen comming in. But is not his fault. I think he is a quality bench guy. He is a very good distributer on pick and rolls. He has trouble covering the 3 point line as he seems to play better closer to the rim. He is an above average defensive rebounder. Currently his outside shot is atrocious. The scouting on him being a shooter is wrong. When he stays inside he is ok. He is averaging .8 ass to .5 to per game, pretty good for a guy mostly playing the 4 with a second unit. Again a good ball handler if he is at the 4. Maybe less than average at the 3 as lots of 3 guard linups nowadays.

That being said I hope Buggs can get his weight to 210 so he can play a majority of minutes at the 4, if we don't bring in anyone who can play right away. He seemed to have a decent outside shot, which is a must if we have coleman at the 3, who doesnt have one.

I agree with most of this, I'm a big Buggs guy, but I'm not so sour on Coleman. I think he'll be able to add a respectable 3 pt shot by next season, he has already shown a lot of development in this area (he can hit when he is left open).

I agree with your starting lineup...but on the bolded part (emphasis mine)...

Call me a crazy homer optimist, but I like this team next year. College ball is all about the guard play, and we will have both skill and experience in spades. If EE can even be serviceable, which he has shown the last few games, and one of Schilling / Thomas / Buggs steps us I see us in the top 5 of the BIG and solidly in the tourney.

Yeah I think it's way too early to tell how we'll be next year. If the Hollins' continue to get better next year, we'll have one of the better backcourts in the conference.

I am a HUGE Buggs fan, but I think, at least at the beginning of the yeAr, the spot is Otos to lose.

Top Bottom