next year's NC schedule?

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
What is the non-conference? Do we have any dates yet?

1-3 is more likely than 3-1. We should be able to handle New Mexico State but we I expect us to lose the other 3 games.

The USC game, of course, I expect to lose that. The other three games are games we should win, we'll be better next year than this year. I won't call it "unacceptable" if we aren't 3-1, what does it even mean to say it is "unacceptable", does it mean we fire the new coach? Next year is a rebuilding year. Any success in year one with a coach is a bonus.

If there is ever going to be any hope for this team, they cannot lose to NDSU.

B10 games

We should start a new prediction thread.

When will the Gophers win their next B10 conference game? The best chance for a W next year is one of the last 2 games - at Northwestern or Illinois at home.

My prediction for the next conference victory is Northwestern at home in 2012 and then Purdue at home a few weeks later. Those could be the only conference W's for the next 2+ seasons.

Glad to see that this thread brought all the negative nancy's out of hiding.....

Can we at least wait and see who the coach will be and what his plans are before we go writing off the program until 2013?

Guilty as charged about being a negative nancy about next year. We could hire the greatest coach in the history of the world and we'll pretty much suck next year. I would do cart wheels if we went 4-8 next year. It'll take at least 3 years to repair the damage Brewster did to the program. Our defense is so messed up and lacking in talent to go along with missing an entire recruiting class (this year) that I can't see anything close to a bowl team for at least 3 years. I'm optimistic about a couple of players but a couple of players won't cut it. The lack of talent across the board is glaring.

Lucky for the new coach, he'll have a longer than expected honeymoon to get the thing corrected given how little talent exists on the current roster.

When will the Gophers win their next B10 conference game? The best chance for a W next year is one of the last 2 games - at Northwestern or Illinois at home.

My prediction for the next conference victory is Northwestern at home in 2012 and then Purdue at home a few weeks later. Those could be the only conference W's for the next 2+ seasons.
Pretty sure Coach Harbaugh will lead the Gophers to an easy victory over Michigan next year.

Call me crazy, but I think we have a chance of winning our next conference game in about 4 days.

You're crazy.

They scored 65 points last Saturday (against a bad Michigan defense, with three OT's).

We have scored 56 points in our last 4 games combined.

Those are the facts.

I'm optimistic, as I always am on Saturdays. I will watch and cross my fingers for a win. And I think this is one of our best chances all season at a win...but that chance is very small. Very small.

See this thread:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=22788

You're crazy.

They scored 65 points last Saturday (against a bad Michigan defense, with three OT's).

We have scored 56 points in our last 4 games combined.

Those are the facts.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not predicting a win, but our chances are better vs Illinois than they have been against a lot of other teams.

To be fair, Illinois scored 45 points during regulation.
If our defense can play better than Michigan's did, maybe we could hold them to 28 or fewer points.
Our offense scored 28 against Northwestern. If they could play that well (or better) again, AND the defense were to perform as stated above, then we would win.

Or, put another way, If we played a full game as well as we played in 60-70% of the Michigan State game (against a team that I think is not quite as good as the Spartans), then I think we would win.

Again, I'm not saying we will win, but we sure "could" win.

Go Gophers!

I'm not predicting a win, but our chances are better vs Illinois than they have been against a lot of other teams.

Someone usually says this every week about whatever opponent we're facing. Illinois manhandled a Penn State team that dominated us pretty good...

To be fair, Illinois scored 45 points during regulation.

I think our Defense is the only one worse then Michigan's in the Big Ten...

If we played a full game as well as we played in 60-70% of the Michigan State game (against a team that I think is not quite as good as the Spartans), then I think we would win.

We haven't played a fully solid game all year. Even in the MTSU game we lost steam after the 1st Quarter.

I don't think Illinois will dominate us but I do think it will be a game where they never really blow it open but we just can never seem to get close enough...

NDSU game will be fun as hell, they have 7 true freshman playing, including 3 starting that Brewster only offerred walk-on's too. 6-3, and likely winning their last 2 to get into the FCS playoffs.

Sonnefeld from osseo is coming to ndsu, (his dad played at u of minn) was he offerred at all by tiM?

Hey, thanks for inviting everyone to your circle-jerk. Not interested.

NDSU game will be fun as hell, they have 7 true freshman playing, including 3 starting that Brewster only offerred walk-on's too. 6-3, and likely winning their last 2 to get into the FCS playoffs.

Sonnefeld from osseo is coming to ndsu, (his dad played at u of minn) was he offerred at all by tiM?

Nobody wants your players.
________
Ford nucleon

Can you imagine how excited Lakesbison gets when there is the slightest mention of NDSU on this board? It's almost comical, you can gurantee the Cliff Clavin of NDSU football will chime in with his verbal vomit about the Bisons every single chance he gets.

As far as next season's schedule goes, it is a terrible loss any season that a Big 10 school loses to a Div 1AA school. I ripped on Brewster for it in his first season (and this year), and whoever our new coach is has absolutely no excuse to lose to NDSU. I realize that they will be "rebuilding" but it is a terrible loss.

The last time I made a definitive prediction (and I'm not sure I'd count this one as such) was when I predicted that Weber would have his best game of the year last year in a Michigan State win ;)

I'm starting to believe in my own predictions :D

GGR: assuming oracle and not vision impaired squirrel
can you see who the next coach is?

I predict it will be a pleasant surprise that few were discussing.

Top Bottom