Next Year

Hard to call Mo and underachiever...he showed signs of toughness, touch and finishing ability before his injury.

Sorry did not mean him, was typing about Ralph and Colt...but I do think while Mo has some talent, he is a 300 pounder coming off a major injury, to assume big things out of him next year is a lot to ask, IMO...

I like that. Though JW is not a sg and not on this team. Didn't he say something like if the visit went well he would commit on the spot? He didn't commit.

Julian Welch is a combo guard, absolutely could be considered a SG. He said his mother wants him to take another visit to make sure of his commitment. Tubby in the past has also told kids to go home and think about the commitment before making it on the spot.

I like that. Though JW is not a sg and not on this team. Didn't he say something like if the visit went well he would commit on the spot? He didn't commit.

Revising your theory:

Andre
Austin
Oto
Trevor
Big Mo

____

Mav can be the 3rd string pg next year and after that we need to cut him loose. I know GH's have Chip love... Joe is going to beat him out.

+1
I like this lineup, with Coleman and Sampson the first ones off the bench. The team would be in allot of trouble if Rodney, Mav or Chip are starting next year imo.

why wouldnt rodney start next year? hes your only veteran backcourt player. austin hollins is in no way better than him just yet.

why wouldnt rodney start next year? hes your only veteran backcourt player. austin hollins is in no way better than him just yet.

Because all he can do is dunk. Gotta love the AAU development program and hype machine. His skills are limited on the wing, but his reputation is still huge. I don't blame his high school coaches either. Kids like him should have been developing those skills in the summer, instead of playing on the AAU circuit where those deficiencies are hidden and not a focus for development.

My hopes for Rodney have diminished. Unless Tubby made some kind of promise to him during recruitment, I predict Austin Hollins wins the starting spot and majority of minutes on the wing.

What's the line-up?

PG Andre Hollins
SG Austin Hollins
SF Rodney
PF Mbakwe (he'll test, but he has a lot to improve offensively before he's draftable)
C Ralph

------------------

PF Walker
C Colton
SG Chip
SG Coleman
C Elliott
PG Maverick
PF Halvorsen
SF Dawson
?? 3rd recruit (Welch/Brooks/??)

Am I missing anyone?

If Andre Hollins can step right in and be dynamic from day 1, Austin can improve his shooting and gain some weight, Rodney can develop (finally) and put some work in on his game...

I don't think its as doom and gloom as everyone thinks it will be.

The big question is whether Tubby will change up his offensive schemes a little bit, do more than high-low, get some more motion and just generally let the kids play...its clear that right now what he's doing is just too stagnant and it kills us late in close games.

No idea what might happen but:

F Williams 20 or Osenieks 15, maybe Austin Hollins 5
F Mbakwe 30 backed up by Sampson or Walker 10
C whichever of the 4 C's earns PT (4 C's = 20 PF)
G Coleman 15 or Austin Hollins 15, maybe Armelin 10
G Andre Hollins 25 and Julian Welch 15 if he signs.

(numbers are PT mins)

Top Bottom