Next year

beowulftom

Reaction score
Still pulling for this team but I believe next years team (even more so for 2011-12) has a more realistic shot of doing well in March.

Subtracting Westbrook, Johnson, Bostick

and

Adding Nolen back, Mbakwe, White, Eliason, Hollins (and the possibilty of Correy Joseph)
and another year of maturity for the returning players.

I challenge any of the nay-sayers here to say the team will not improve.

Still pulling for this team but I believe next years team (even more so for 2011-12) has a more realistic shot of doing well in March.

Subtracting Westbrook, Johnson, Bostick

and

Adding Nolen back, Mbakwe, White, Eliason, Hollins (and the possibilty of Correy Joseph)
and another year of maturity for the returning players.

I challenge any of the nay-sayers here to say the team will not improve.

NOt a nay sayer - I believe this team will miss Westy and Johnson a whole lot next season.

NOt a nay sayer - I believe this team will miss Westy and Johnson a whole lot next season.

Johnson yes.. Westbrook not so much if we get Cory Joseph. Adding Cory, Trevor, Royce, and Al could make next years team scary good.

No one on this board can spell Cory Joseph, but this is the first time I've seen Correy...

We could be very good next year with those guys back. However lets look at it from the other side.

Mbakwe is found guilty, White is dismissed from the team, Nolen doesn't his grades together, and we don't get Joseph.

We are looking at one of the worst teams in the big 10 next year

I agree that they'll miss Johnson and everything he does for the team. Westbrook, IMO, creates more problems than he solves. I believe the team as whole will be better.
-A legit power forward in Mbakwe
-White who may be able to play at the 3 or 4
- a pure shooterin Hollins
- another big
- and just maybe a 5-star in Joseph

Nolen
Joseph
Williams
Carter
Sampson

is a real possible starting lineup.

We could be very good next year with those guys back. However lets look at it from the other side.

Mbakwe is found guilty, White is dismissed from the team, Nolen doesn't his grades together, and we don't get Joseph.

We are looking at one of the worst teams in the big 10 next year

And an asteroid might hit the planet too, Eyore.

I think 2 of those happening are good possibilites. Which 2 of those 4 would you want on the team next year if you could only have 2?

Nolen
Joseph
Williams
Carter
Sampson

is a real possible starting lineup.

I think it's more likely that it will be

Nolen
One of the Josephs (I realize CORY is not a lock)
White
Mbakwe
Sampson

with Hoffarber, Iverson, Carter, Williams, Cobb, Hollins, Eliason

very good team

This team has regressed, while losing virtually nothing from last year....Royce White excuses wont cut it

This team has regressed, while losing virtually nothing from last year....Royce White excuses wont cut it

Obviously we have been unable to recover from the loss of Travis Busch. With him, Sabermetrics say we're a 31-0 team.

I think 2 of those happening are good possibilites. Which 2 of those 4 would you want on the team next year if you could only have 2?

If the four possibilities are

Mbakwe
White
Nolen getting his grades straightened out (which will happen)
Signing Joseph

and I can only choose two....

Mbakwe
Signing Joseph

One of this year's seniors needs to put the team on his back and be a true leader. I don't know if any of them have the character and grit to do it, though. Without it, Tubby should start giving the senior's minutes to the underclassmen and we can begin looking forward to next year.

Top Bottom