Next week predictions.

Derhey

Reaction score
Might as well start now....predictions against the Cornholers next weekend? No game means more to me now that I live in the most lame state in the lower 48 (Nebraska).

Might as well start now....predictions against the Cornholers next weekend? No game means more to me now that I live in the most lame state in the lower 48 (Nebraska).

Predict the Score thread already does just that, Derhey.

I know but I wanted a special thread b/c I despise them!

I live in Lincoln so this one means a lot to me too. The past two years have been glorious.

Nebraska has a pretty good run D but a terrible pass defense. If we can keep them honest with the run game and make some plays through the air we should score some points. Their offense is mediocre. Would be huge to get Travis back. As long as we don't put our D in bad situations with turnovers or special teams mistakes I don't see them moving the ball all that well. Hopefully the crowd is rowdy and not too red.

I agree jaymil! We need the crowd to be our 12th man. I think we have a good chance if we come out fired up. I live in OhMyGod (Omaha) so we have to represent the Maroon and Gold well!

GopherGod still hasn't acknowledged the last two ass kicking his team has taken from us. His program is a shell of its former self and he knows it.

B3Eb6wsCIAIlbNo.jpg:large

The Gophers can basically knock them out of the division race midway thru October. How great would that be?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Nebraska loses in last minute again, this time on a 4th down pass that hits off a helmet & is caught by Jonah Pirsig, who runs 40 yards to Billy Bob glory!

My wife is a Husker, and we started discussing viewing options today. We will not watch the game in the same home after the past two years.

I love it.

Hard to judge how Nebraska morale will be next week. Teams pretty even, as they are tough against the run - our strength; and weak against the pass - which we don't do very well. Huskers might be loose, with nothing to lose mentality. The one big difference is QB, where they have a big edge as Tommy Armstrong is a playmaker, running or passing. I don't see the Gophers as a big favorite - could be close.

What does everyone see the spread being for this game? I'm thinking around even.

Hope they crush Nebraska. Worked out there the past two years and when the Minnesota game came up those Cornholer fans acted as if it wasn't even an an issue and a W was assured. 31-22-2 all time. Make it 32!!!

Hard to judge how Nebraska morale will be next week...

I think we're catching Nebraska at the perfect time. They just lost another heartbreaking close one in the final seconds at home. The players have to be emotionally spent. Consider that this is probably the worst start in the program's history and with four losses, the season is already over in the eyes of most Nebraska fans.

Now the Cornhuskers have to go on the road and play a U team that just hammered it's last opponent, on the road, and is feeling all-world like after an ugly start to the season. Throw in the very real possibility that a relatively small number of Cornhusker fans show up for this Saturday's game and the players look up in the stands and start feeling lonely. You really have to wonder if the Nebraska players will be ready to check out altogether.

The table couldn't be better set for a three-peat.

Top Bottom