Next Gopher Head Coach

I didn't say those things. Figure out reading and try again.
You've said exactly that. Multiple times, Multiple ways. "Johnson inherited the worst team ever. Can't count those 1st two seasons against him."

But ok. Everything counts. 9 Ws, 38Ls. Free falling to another Weakling Wednesday one and done and no post season for us.

That's progress?

Diz-fucking-aster.

You've said exactly that. Multiple times, Multiple ways.

But ok. Everything counts. 9 Ws, 38Ls. Free falling to another Weakling Wednesday one and done and no post season for us.

That's progress?

Dis-fucking-aster.

Wrong. Try harder next time.

So just to be clear, he's accountable for all three seasons, correct? We now have you on record?

Do you think that people are denying that he's been the coach or something? You can cut the playing dumb thing you're doing whenever. It's not really fun or clever.

Do you think that people are denying that he's been the coach or something? You can cut the playing dumb thing you're doing whenever. It's not really fun or clever.
Failure to answer noted.

Kansas is not in a position where they have to play people out of position and have depth.

Even if you look at the full rosters - MN has 6 guards (including Ramberg and Purcell). Kansas has 12 players listed as guards.
For most of last year Jayhawk's, KJ Adams @ 6'7" played the 5. And last year Self had (3) 7 footers on his roster.

Johnson can't seem to think outside the box. JOJ is probably close to being the most physical player he has next to Payne. Yet the other night he mentioned that JOJ didn't play much because he needed more size.

KU does have that many listed as guards, no disagreement there. However, you could list many of those as forwards, i.e. McCullar, Furphy, etc.

My point is, go get players that are moveable, flexible. Christie fits that mold I believe. People have talked on this forum about "roster construction/makeup". Johnson doesn't do a very good job of that. Which in turn pigeon holes him in a way when it comes to how he can play with his roster during the game.

The U has a maximum of 4 guys you could consider a guard/wing. When Hawkins was injured, we were forced to play Mitchell 40 minutes and give a significant amount of minutes to a PF to play a wing. I am fine with having a rotation that consists of exactly what you talked about - 1 true PG and then a rotation of another 4 guards to play some PG and wing.

Kansas is not in a position where they have to play people out of position and have depth.

Even if you look at the full rosters - MN has 6 guards (including Ramberg and Purcell). Kansas has 12 players listed as guards.

If you watch Kansas, depth is not a word anyone will use with them. Especially with Furphy emerging and becoming a starter.

Great/elite starting 5. Their bench basically doesnt exist.

If they lost Harris they would be screwed.

Top Bottom