New WR Signee for 2014: Desmond Gant gains support in all the right places w/ Gophers

You must be a real hoot to sit and have a conversation with. were you raised by wolves?

This is a discussion board.

You and the Dr. don should get together sometime and talk about...nothing. Have fun.

Hilarious. A discussion involves the exchange of fact. Gossip is the exchange of speculation.

Parody is the use of an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

Mindless criticism is showing no use of intelligence or thought to express disapproval and to note the problems or faults of a person or thing.

Thus ends today's lesson.

FWIW, Kyle Goblirsch of 247 confirmed Gant will be a WR, or at least that's what the staff told him. Of course that could change, but I don't think the staff would have to tell him that just to get him to sign and switch him later, considering he didn't have other offers. This isn't another Donovahn Jones situation. We'll see what happens once fall camp starts.

I have not doubt Kill will give him this first camp at WR. And by the end of camp, Gant will be real open to making his way over to the D and seeing the field. I might be wrong, he might transfer or whatever. Or he might end up at outside LB after he packs on 30 - 40 pounds over the next couple years.

Hilarious. A discussion involves the exchange of fact. Gossip is the exchange of speculation.

Parody is the use of an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

Mindless criticism is showing no use of intelligence or thought to express disapproval and to note the problems or faults of a person or thing.

Thus ends today's lesson.

Thank you for proving and reinforcing my points.

Not only am I certain that he wont see the field in 2014 as a WR, I don't think he will ever see the field as a WR. I am confident that 3 years from now he is going to be in the defensive two deeps as an outside linebacker with a filled out frame at 6'4 250#.

With his speed and size, he oozes DE. No question he has the raw ability. Even though he may have not seen good competition in HS, he'll learn to play to his potential. Definitely a JK type of project. He'll RS and develop in the program and settle into his schoolwork. Two to three years from now, we'll reap the benefits of being patient. You never know until then.

All these kids feel like they are the BMOC in HS. Many feel that they want to be in the NFL. When they arrive in college, they are shocked into reality that the competition level is more daunting than any they have seen in HS. This is were the separation between men and boys begin. If they work their butts off, they will survive. It is mostly about attitude & desire at this point unless they are one of the few blessed with real 4-5 star talent.

JK makes the players earn a starting spot. He is committed to playing the best players as it should be. He is building a good foundation brick by brick.

Per Sunday Sports Huddle, Sid, DL, and Coach Kill:

"3) Sid asked about the new Gopher wide receiver-signee, Desmond Gant: Kill said, “We've known a lot about him for a long time . . . we've stayed in touch . . . (he’s) 6-3 210 lbs . . . could play outside linebacker at 230 pounds . . . he’s on-campus with all the freshmen.”

Kill also said they tried to keep it quiet about his ability/potential (under the radar-type player). He also said they intend to red shirt him this year. (Desmond Gant was recommended to Coach Kill and his staff by a former Chicago Bear and former Michigan Wolverine. (I didn't catch the name of the former Bear player.)"

Per Sunday Sports Huddle, Sid, DL, and Coach Kill:

"3) Sid asked about the new Gopher wide receiver-signee, Desmond Gant: Kill said, “We've known a lot about him for a long time . . . we've stayed in touch . . . (he’s) 6-3 210 lbs . . . could play outside linebacker at 230 pounds . . . he’s on-campus with all the freshmen.”

Kill also said they tried to keep it quiet about his ability/potential (under the radar-type player). He also said they intend to red shirt him this year. (Desmond Gant was recommended to Coach Kill and his staff by a former Chicago Bear and former Michigan Wolverine. (I didn't catch the name of the former Bear player.)"

Shocking, just shocking.

Top Bottom