New Walk-Ons

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
Just took a glance at new roster--mostly to see what it looked like without departing players--and saw two walk-ons I really hadn't heard about. One is freshman OL Jackson Ruschmeyer, who appears to be a younger brother of Axel. Big kid: 6'5'', 295. The other is Pete Bercich, Jr., a transfer, red-shirt freshman LB, from UST, listed at 6'2", 240 lbs. Bercich was listed on 2019 UST roster at 6'1", 205 lbs. Grew into Big 10 size?

I think Bercich has been here since, at least, the fall. So he's been on our weight and nutrition program for a while now. Good bloodlines too.

Well, welcome to both. They look like classic walk-ons who could contribute before their careers end.

I think Bercich has been here since, at least, the fall. So he's been on our weight and nutrition program for a while now. Good bloodlines too.
At UST they eat a lot of cake. Happy to hear he is adding good weight now that he is a Gopher.

Austin Winfield is not on the 2020 Roster. Does anyone know if he left the team or transferred?

Bercich not as good as his Dad or is he a late bloomer?

Since his dad was on scholarship at Notre Dame and played 6 years in the NFL, it's pretty safe to say that he's not as good as his dad.

Yeah, would seem like a fairly safe assumption to make. :)

Kind of like how Austin Winfield is probably not as good as his Dad and brother were. Good bloodlines help but are not a guarantee of anything.

Austin Winfield is not on the 2020 Roster. Does anyone know if he left the team or transferred?

None of the fall enrollees are on the roster. They're not in school yet. It's not fall.

Don't think that would apply to Austin since he has been here for a while.

Wondering if he just decided to be a student and/or transferred somewhere else now that his brother is gone? Student directory shows both of them last enrolled Fall 2019 semester, so it would appear he is not in school at the U currently.

Wondering if he just decided to be a student and/or transferred somewhere else now that his brother is gone? Student directory shows both of them last enrolled Fall 2019 semester, so it would appear he is not in school at the U currently.

Or left the team and decided not to play football anymore.

Also, don't most of the guys who don't enroll early in the spring semester, enroll for the summer semester? I feel like that was a thing, but could be wrong.

Awesome Kendall! Row the boat and lets see how far your career will advance by working hard.

Antoine might have a been a bit under size that you never want to tell anyone. However perhaps after accessing the players around him, he may have decided that his size was going to be a problem in college. Who knows. Wish him the best.

Antoine might have a been a bit under size that you never want to tell anyone. However perhaps after accessing the players around him, he may have decided that his size was going to be a problem in college. Who knows. Wish him the best.
Antoine? Oh you must mean Decker? No........?

Top Bottom