New starting five.

dustygopher

Reaction score
1. Devoe
2. Blake
3. Rodney
4. DJ
5. Ralph

I am sick of Rodney not getting enough playing time. Whether or not he's playing good or not, he should be getting at least 25-30 minutes a game. Discuss....

I like the line up except I would make one change.

Joseph
Westbrook
Williams
Johnson
Sampson.

I too wish Williams would get more playing time.

Hoffarber is a starter. No way he loses that spot.

I am not high on Westbrook at all anymore. It would be nice if he filled the stat sheet with something other than just points for once. His defense and rebounding are probably worst on the team. He's been terrible in the half court this year as well. 90% of his points are coming off transition.

If Tubby is going to give up on the press than I would like to see us go big more often. Im not sure I would start the game this way, but I would like to see a lineup of:

Devoe
Blake
Damian
Carter
Sampson

I'd go with:

Cobbs
Joseph
Hoff
Johnson
Sampson

It's time to put guys in their correct positions. Opposing points will shred Joseph when we are on D. Westbrook needs to be sent a message. Let him come off the bench as a scoring spark. Get Williams 20 minutes or so depending on whether Hoff is getting open or not.

I agree on Westbrook. I always thought that his game is best suited to be the scorer that comes of the bench. He plays against other teams subs and can use that to his advantage.

When you say bringing guys back to their correct positions. I agree, but Hoff is not a SF in any way. The only two true SF's we have are Rodney and Damian.

That is why I went with:

Devoe
Hoff
DJ
Carter
Sampson

Cobbs
Joseph
Hoff
Williams
Sampson III

It's time for the youth movement. Let's see what these younger guys can do. I think Johnson is a great player, but we need to see what Williams can do in big games while playing a lot of minutes. Johnson would be a great guy to bring off the bench. I could care less if Westbrook doesn't play another minute for the Gophers. Bostick shouldn't see the floor. Iverson shouldn't see much time either. He might be the worst center in the Big Ten.

Cobbs
Joseph
Hoff
Williams
Sampson III

It's time for the youth movement. Let's see what these younger guys can do. I think Johnson is a great player, but we need to see what Williams can do in big games while playing a lot of minutes. Johnson would be a great guy to bring off the bench. I could care less if Westbrook doesn't play another minute for the Gophers. Bostick shouldn't see the floor. Iverson shouldn't see much time either. He might be the worst center in the Big Ten.

I was going to post the exact same thing haha... but instead ... you beat me to it... :)

I like this lineup because Cobbs needs more time... he's really good defensively and could benefit from the boost in minutes (especially if we don't land Cory... Cobbs could be a huge part of the future). Also, Devoe is a natural 2... I think him there would be a plus... Hoff is as starter no doubt... Rodney needs experience more than anything... He was really good and one of the only bright spots yesterday... Ralph is our center and Colton (after 13 mins, 0 points, 0 rebs, 0 assists, and 4 turnovers) needs to sit...

Cobbs
Joseph
Hoff
Williams
Sampson III

Agree but have one question - Johnson is great? C'mon...Great players = Bobby Jackson, Burton, Evan Turner, Chris Webber...Johnson is a solid to above average B10 player. Nothing more, nothing less. Very good on D, and average on offense...just my opinion...

1. Cobbs
2. Hoffarber
3. Rodney
4. Damian
5. Ralph

I think Ralph is the only guarantee as a starter, but I really can't see Hoffarber not starting either. Rodney played well last game and put forth a lot of effort too so I'd bet he starts. Damian will probably still start and I think it's time for a true point guard. Devoe will still play a lot as will Westbrook if he's playing hard and somewhat smart (for him) and not causing any problems.

1. Cobbs
2. Hoffarber
3. Rodney
4. Damian
5. Ralph

I think Ralph is the only guarantee as a starter, but I really can't see Hoffarber not starting either. Rodney played well last game and put forth a lot of effort too so I'd bet he starts. Damian will probably still start and I think it's time for a true point guard. Devoe will still play a lot as will Westbrook if he's playing hard and somewhat smart (for him) and not causing any problems.

Switch Devoe for Cobbs and I'll stamp and sign it.

Im ok going with the youth movement once we have officially been eliminated from getting an at large bid. Until then, im not thinking about getting guys experience. Im thinking about what starting 5 gets us going at the beginning of the game and gives us the best chance to win.

Agree but have one question - Johnson is great? C'mon...Great players = Bobby Jackson, Burton, Evan Turner, Chris Webber...Johnson is a solid to above average B10 player. Nothing more, nothing less. Very good on D, and average on offense...just my opinion...

I said he would be great off the bench.

gopherbadgerman, you wouldn't want a solid to above average player that plays very good defense off the bench? I would think a lot of teams would take that in a second.

1. Devoe
2. Blake
3. Rodney
4. DJ
5. Ralph

I am sick of Rodney not getting enough playing time. Whether or not he's playing good or not, he should be getting at least 25-30 minutes a game. Discuss....

I vote for this line-up though I don't mind Cobbs at PG and moving Joseph to the two.

Having Hoffarber coming off the bench along with Westbrook would be pretty cool.

1. Cobbs
2. Hoffarber
3. Rodney
4. Damian
5. Ralph

Agreed. Both have only had 2-3 'great' games, but I prefer Rodney's upside compared to Devoe. Cobbs is our only true pg right now, let's see if he can handle the job.

1. Devoe
2. Hoffarber
3. Carter
4. DJ
5. Sampson

I really want Tubby to take Westbrook out of the starting lineup for at least one game. That would hopefully lower his ego a bit, and motivate him to become the senior leader that he should be.

1)Devoe
2)Hoffarber
3)Williams
4)DJ
5)Sampson

I would love to see Westbrook come off the bench to bring some instant offense...meanwhile Carter can spell Williams for significant minutes. Sampson would get subbed out at the 12 min mark, returning at 8 min mark and subbing out for final 2 minutes of half.

Cobbs has potential but doesn't value the basketball enough at this point...I've seen too many careless turnovers.

The two players who should be seeing at least 34-35 minutes per are RS2 and DJ. The rest can come and go with Tubby's goofy sub patterns. It really doesn't matter which other three start. Other than I would like to see Williams average 24-26 minutes as he needs more PT.

...It really doesn't matter which other three start...

Excellent point Bayfieldgopher. I would much rather Hoff come off the bench because he may draw a less obsevant defender (in my opinion that is the only way he gets good shots). But as you say they all play so it doesn't matter.

Sampson should play as much as his conditionoing will allow.

DJ desreves to start (it's a pshycological issue with him). I can't imagine Tubby "benching" him.

The rest can rotate.

Top Bottom